BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the number of shorts (males) I caught this past fall, I was wondering if we will see many 28" or bigger bass This spring....Anyone else have any thoughts???
I know you usually see the bigger bass in the Fall,...but there really weren t that many last fall. the 06 fall I caught twice as many bass over 20 lbs. Will we see the Cows this Spring????

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Don't know where you fished out of, but '07's keeper count was well up from '06 along the CM/WW beachfronts and the CM rips. They'll be here.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i havent had bigger bass in the fall for a few years now. spring is the time. i agree with adam. you might rethink your fishing areas and habits. the bunker movement in the spring/early summer has put big fish in our waters the past few years.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
RebelMusicNP said:
i havent had bigger bass in the fall for a few years now. spring is the time. i agree with adam. you might rethink your fishing areas and habits. the bunker movement in the spring/early summer has put big fish in our waters the past few years.
To the north it is for sure!

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I should have been more specific, I mean' t in the Back...Bayside, The Cows will make the Move out front, following the bait....I fish mostly Barnegat back bay, and Monmouth beaches.

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I don't really see any change from spring to fall, except the spring seem to have a better shot at the inshore slam.... Always seems like there's one or two weeks in the spring and fall when some nice one's get landed....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Joseph Lamberty said:
I should have been more specific, I mean' t in the Back...Bayside, The Cows will make the Move out front, following the bait....I fish mostly Barnegat back bay, and Monmouth beaches.

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work.
gotcha. well good luck and hopefully this will be your year!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Follow the bait follow the fish, they got tails and move. Last spring was cold, but we had plenty of schools come in Absecon inlet and always had fish to eat everyday I fished thru June. No real giants but if you want the big ones they will be hanging with the schools of big bunker.

I upgraded my boat this year to hope to hunt the big bunker eaters this May and June.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Joseph Lamberty said:
Given the number of shorts (males) I caught this past fall, I was wondering if we will see many 28" or bigger bass This spring....Anyone else have any thoughts???
I know you usually see the bigger bass in the Fall,...but there really weren t that many last fall. the 06 fall I caught twice as many bass over 20 lbs. Will we see the Cows this Spring????

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work
We caught some of our best catches just north of BLI spring of 07. We were limiting out on 25# to 28# fish trolling stretches.

Don C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts