BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
tug captain told me he went through a school of bunker off atlantic city this week........school was so big could not get out of his way....he was actually chopping them up .....his wake looked like shiny new quarters

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
they were all over the beach this morning at sunrise south of AC

·
Registered
186 Posts
Trolled from LE Inlet to Beach Haven and didn't see a single bunker. Fogged in pretty bad though so visability was only 1/4 mile at best. They are rumored to be up and down from IBSP to Ocean City NJ.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Owner of Riptide Bait & Tackle informed me that they were snagging them good around the jetty on the south end of Brigantine on Wednesday! We went to the north end (figures?) an the fellow next to me landed a nice 16 lber on clam. We were targeting kingies but we only managed a few with the water all churned up after the storm.

[ 07-01-2005, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
365 Posts
Was out today out of LE Inlet and went north. LOTS OF BUNKER but no stripers! Trolled for several hours and snagged and dropped a bunch of live ones but nothing! Did hear that a bunch of 30+lbers were caught in the surf in Holgate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pods of bunkers south of Manasquan inlet last night..

ran down the beach about six miles and you could either see the slicks... see the water roiled up... see the fish breaking... or read them ont he machine.. all you wanted to snag...

no massive schools but nice pods from 18-30 feet deep...

only one school had Stripers under it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.