BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody come back with any reports about what the bite is like in the back waters of Margate!

Thanks.......

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
The bite is awesome!!! :eek:

If you're a gnat. :mad:

I've caught nothing but shorts the last two weeks.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Thanks God for wind!!!
Nats suck!

smaller the bait the better but it's been very slow. Only managed 4 keepers in two days. 5 to 1 throwbacks. 4 at 16" :eek:

Small bucktails tipped with spearing, blues can't resist either.

Shirt has hit the fan.
It was a zoo after 11Am Saturday and will get worse. Be careful and look out if your behind SIC.

Hey Bucktail Willie, any luck the past week? Saw you twice very early and at different spots two seperate days. That morning you motored by (slowly thank you) in flat creek we made a right and knocked em dead. I saw you go in the bay. Small aluminum with white troller and camo Johnson on back.

Cheers

Proud RFA member

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
henrybass---I got 4 bass 27-31" and one Blue,didn't even try for Fluke
didn't fish sunday but will begin again Monday
Esarly in week I found some Fluke 4 Monday ,4 Tues, and 3 Wed all keepers with few shorts
Thrus-Frin no Fluke

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
was out yesterday and got 1 18incher. Watched the crab guy take his kids out for flounder. Being the crab guy and being out there everyday you would think he could put his kids on fluke.
Crab guy couldn't find them either.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fished the backwaters of Strathmere Monday. Nice wind blowin. 6 throwbacks, 2 keepers to 18", one real nice bluefish and a very large skate. After 3 hours of wind we called it a day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys! Hope the bite gets better soon........Fish On!

Ted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts