BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first try at making an articulated plug. Turned out pretty good, but now its time for the true test. Just need to go drop it in the drink and see what kind of action it has.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
nice looking plug:thumbsup: is that hand carved from wood? is it a floater or diver? length & weight?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice looking plug:thumbsup: is that hand carved from wood? is it a floater or diver? length & weight?
Carved from Maple. If it does what I intended it to do, it should swim on or just below the surface. It's 5" long and weighs about 1.5 oz.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
verynice indeed....... was wondering if you ever tried making any eelskin plugs would love to swap some leadheads for a few :D
Nope, never tried to make an eelskin. I may consider a swap. Are you looking for a solid plug or articulated? My regular plugs work well, but that is my first articulated one and I'm not even sure how its gonna swim yet. :) I doesn't look as though I'm gonna get to try it out either. One of my coworkers took a liking to it and it seems to be the latest addition to his tackle bag.:eek:

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
thanks for the reply:) I have another question if you wanted that plug to sink or run a little deeper how would you go about doing that?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nope, never tried to make an eelskin. I may consider a swap. Are you looking for a solid plug or articulated? My regular plugs work well, but that is my first articulated one and I'm not even sure how its gonna swim yet. :) I doesn't look as though I'm gonna get to try it out either. One of my coworkers took a liking to it and it seems to be the latest addition to his tackle bag.:eek:
no need for it to be articulated as the attached skin has plenty of wiggle factor

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply:) I have another question if you wanted that plug to sink or run a little deeper how would you go about doing that?
Funny you should ask! I was just thinking about that myself. :) As for making it sink, probably not going to happen. It would take too much lead, but to get it to shallow dive I would switch the head out with this one. ;) Makes them run about a foot below the surface a gives them a nice wiggle.

You would need a lip to get it to run any deeper.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
To make it dive why not try adding a lip

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To make it dive why not try adding a lip
I'm sure that would do the trick. :) I make a few different patterns that dive very well without adding a metal lip. I hate spending more money or adding more pricey hardware than I have too. I tend to use my surface swimmer / shallow diver patterns the most so I tend not to use a lip, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some and keep them on hand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Thanks FP,
You ever get around to trying out any of those Needle patterns?
I gave most of them away to good customers. Good reports!:thumbsup:
I still have a couple left.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts