BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how is the angler of the year going to work this year?

ASA was counting the two tournaments in Dec and Jan as part of this year's race towards angler of the year. I don't feel that's a fair deal since the entire schedule wasn't out when the race began. Also these tournaments were listed on the ASA site as the following:

December 27th ? 30th
THE WORLD STRIPED BASS CHAMPIONSHIP
Sponsored by Hooter?s, Fountain, and the N.E. Association of Fountain Powerboat Dealers.
December 27th thru the 30th
Pick any two out of the three fish days December 28th thru the 30th.

January* 5th ? 7th, 2006
WATERMAN?S RESTAURANT ROCKFISH TOURNAMENT
Waterman?s Restaurant, Virginia Beach, Virginia

1) These tournaments didn't follow the normal ASA rules.
2) An ASA tournament director was not even at the tournament.
3) The format was completely different, you fished one day or more days if you paid more.
4) You could bring in a fish by truck??? No way.
5) How can a tournament labeled as THE WORLD STRIPED BASS CHAMPIONSHIP count towards angler of the year?

In order to have a fair chance for all to compete for Angler of the year they should'nt allow those points for angler of the year until the entire schedule was set in place. They need to start the 2006 race for angler of the year fresh with the April tournament and finish in December.

Another thing to note is that if you have 4 stops per division. Look at this year's schedule there are 3 stops in that division listed. If they allow the two mentioned above to count then that would mean that this divison has 5 stops total. That doesn't work out either.

Am I off track here? What are your thoughts on this? Someone needs to compile these and bring them to the new owners of the ASA for resolution before the season begins.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe buddy it's not a complaint. I'm just pointing out that if I am going to fish this tournament trail which involves a lot of time, money and dedication I need to know what the format is going forward. The barn is a sounding board for discussions like this and is a great place to hear the opinions of what people think.

Please don't take it as a complaint but more of raising awareness. I have been involved as a tournament director in running successful tournaments for a number of years and I want to see this be a success. I have been fishing ASA since the first year and I've seen it all. I'm just trying to make sure that now that we have a chance to start fresh with new ownership we go down the right path to becoming a world-class event.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve,take what the guys say.Good job Joe,Ant,Chris.Please Chilly don't exclude me!
Rotten,Ron nice e-mail to Chuck welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
95lbs in the hole sucks but it is what it is looks like were going to GO LARGE or stay home and I'm not staying home. GAME ON . Love the fresh smell of bunker in the morning.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a problem.

Imagine if we were all participating on some discussion board used to discuss issues like this.

Discussion boards 101:

Discussion boards are people's discussions about a given topic. The basic idea is that one person makes a discussion board post in one of the boards. S/he is then responded to by another person who is also interested in the conversation. More people read these posts and join in the conversation. Each discussion board is like a mini town hall where lots of people come together and talk about something that interests them.

In closing I just want to ask so I know for my own sanity; Joe, Chris, Harry did I say anything in this post that in anyway offended any of you or did I post any incorrect information?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Yea Chris just like the time you left me 15 miles from home at the rocks with a head wind and beam to sea's near 5. Just a quick circle around us and left for dead. Not even a Hey want to ride in my wake LOl :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve your topic should be handled one on one with someone that could realy help you.i.e ASA Fla.,Chuck Arnold etc.No body on this board can help you.Those ? here just bring the whole scene down.Also read the follow up posts,Joe,T.C.,Chilly,Buddy and myself all responed like gentleman.This time ;) Just kidding Steve!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Chilly site looks GREAT!!!Good luck !Do you realy want to buy back the 10" plotter.I'll give it to you at a good price.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Boy, you Fountain boys have a real love fest going on :D Hey Harry, did you notice Chilly didn't have one picture of his supposed co-captain on the site. He has the big fat guy though. Doesn't he realize he has to drive through my town ;) I know you do...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oh boy I sure know.I think he needs to see the tape once more!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris,

No problem, I hear you man. I'm on your side on this whole thing.

Allright enough of this let's move on to the excitement of fishing Cape May, I can't wait for opening day!!

PS Chris I like the shot of your boat tucked in behind the scallop boat, any nice bluefin that day?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guy,s its finally spring! Love all the talking,Chris Ram Rick Steve see you in Cape May,I can smell the salt air already. :D :D

[ 03-22-2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: chunkmaster john ]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.