BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm not fishing it, but I've seen a lot of ASA boats up here prefishing. It's been nuts in the Raritan. There are two Tourneys going on this weekend and the boat traffic will be insane. Yesterday looked like the busiest weekend of the summer and it was a Wednesday in May.

If you are fishing it and staying up here. Stop by the Windansea Tiki Bar Sat night. I will be behind the bar :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know why anybody else would bother paticipating in this thing since we gunna slaughter them cows and take the whole thing home.

I guess there's always second place

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yesterday was ridicoulus up in the back you would have though it was memorial day. I saw one boat throw a cast net on the bow of another. And this weekend is going to be worse. I just hope the 20 knot winds there are calling for scare them off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I guess you other guys can fight over second place [/qb][/QUOTE]

[ 05-18-2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I fished in Raritan Bay yesterday as well, and that is no exaggeration about the boat traffic.

It seemed the wind against tide conditions in the morning led to a lot of excess trolling traffic. A few weeks ago, there were only a handful of boats trolling the Reach. Yesterday, there were at least a couple dozen.

We scrammed out of the crowded back bay after trolling a dozen blues and a single 12 pound bass.

- Gr8ful

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Skip The Animal and I fished the AM yesterday in Raritan with Andrea's Toy in somewhat sh**ty conditions and hooked up 25 bass to 25 Lbs. We went back out in the PM with Capt. Lou Graziano on Stripermania and all hell broke loose!! Four of us had well over 100 Bass to 30 Lbs all relased for the tournaments this weekend. We filled his livewell 3 times with live bunker and had a runoff or a fish on every drop. We ended the day with about 140 bass total on both trips. Capt. Lou is gonna be a contender this weekend boys.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Let the games begin , released all my fish this week so the fish Gods are smilling down on all of us !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
red scarab where do you fish out of. I see we live in the same town are you fishing this weekend?

I saw boats coming into today from all four corners of the earth! It should be a busy weekend.

[ 05-18-2006, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: billythekid ]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Billy my boats home is Gateway marina , mine is Longbranch. See you at the Captans meeting, looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good Luck to All my buddies fishing the ASA, Hey Billy it was great meeting you on the water, nice looking rig.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Striper 13, It was a pleasure fishing with you, nice job landing that 20lb'r on the fluke rod. Wish I would have had the afternoon conditions, but hey that's fishing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts