BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the preseason is over.

Wow! What a Leaderboard. Despite lots of wind and rougher than normal seas, lots of great fish were caught at the Snug Harbor Marina?s 15th annual June Moon Madness held this weekend in Point Judith, Rhode Island.

Here?s the final standings.

1. LORI MARIE?55.38lbs
Contender/Yamaha
Keith Salsbury/Paul Castillanti
2. BITE BACK?.52.81lbs
Grady White/Yamaha
Glen Corsetti/John Pepin
3. RIGGS???..51.16lbs
Contender/Yamaha
Brad Righi/Gipp Sisson
4. ALLURE??..49.37lbs
Pequot/Mercury
Bill Gavitt/RJ Beaudreau
Lauri Gavitt/Greg Gavitt
5. ON-LINE.?..45.17lbs
Contender/Mercury
Skip Stritzinger/Chuck Masso
6. ADRIANNA?.44.61lbs
Ocean Runner/Volvo
Michael Neto/Ronald Annunziata
7. Lisa Marie??.43.01lbs
8. EMMA LOU?42.89lbs
SeaVee/Yamaha
Al Golinski/Ben DiMari
9. HICKORY?.42.58lbs
Sisu/Mercury
Bob Ohlson/Dan Levy
Doug Gingras
10.Watermark?42.18lbs

Top Lady
Laurelyn Gavitt
ALLURE
Top Junior
Greg Gavitt
ALLURE

·
Registered
808 Posts
we added 27+ lbs to our total. never saw so many big stripers at one time in my life. These guys in the top 10 each had multiple 40+ fish. it was a great tourny and we learned alot about fishing up there. we caught alot of stripers, just couldnt get the big one.

Chris

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
fisher,
at some point you will get the hint that noone gives a **** about you or your opinion. I for one am tired of hearing you complain.

Maybe ron will change the rules of the site and let us vote on keeping members. I think you would have your fair share of negative votes.

Don't hi-jack a man's thread when he is merely posting results of a tournament that had nothing to do with the event you are commenting on.

Out of your 526 posts, how many are complaining about one individual? How many are related to fishing??? let's try to bring that ratio up with some more positive fishing posts.... or keep your pie hole shut.

·
Banned
1,260 Posts
No mail. I checked it. I can't wait to hear why you are carrying the water for these cheaters. Money, Money, MONEY MONEY!!! Paying advertisers can do no wrong.

·
Registered
994 Posts
An admission and opoligy would go a long way with me-everybody makes mistakes but to just hope it goes away? I dont think so.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by fisher224:
No mail. I checked it. I can't wait to hear why you are carrying the water for these cheaters. Money, Money, MONEY MONEY!!! Paying advertisers can do no wrong.
Fisher224,

Since for some reason you are not receiving my emails. I'll try my best to relay my message to you here. I don't usually handle situations like this in public but it appears as though I have no alternative.

Let me begin by saying, if you think our asking you to refrain from harassing Captain Tim has something to do with "money", you couldn't be any wronger.

The reason we're asking you to refrain from your continual attempts to taunt Captain Tim into whatever it is you're trying to taunt him into, is simply becuse we have a responsibility here to ensure our community is running smoothly, effeciently and in harmony at all times...ok, most of the time. Which by the way, is not an easy task.

When the "captain Tim / ASA issue" was discussed here on the BARN. We (including me) allowed the thread to run it's course. No one "carried" anyone, protected anyone or anything like that. I'm sure you realize as I do, it wouldn't be beneficial for myself or any members of our moderating team to "Carry" or protect people regardless of the reason. We simply strive to remain neutral and focus on enforcing our rules as best we can.

Anyway...

When all was said and done, the thread was closed due to the fact that we decided that we heard from those who were in the know. The people who were there and actually saw what happened. Those people were given the opportunity to comment. When we were told that captain Timmy couldn't post (due to advice from his attorney) we decided that instead of letting the thread drag on and probably get blown way out of proportion. We decided it was best to lock the thread then wait to hear from captain Tim, provided he agree's to make a public comment.

Since then you've taken every opportunity possible to remind us of how big a cheat Timmy is, etc, etc, etc. Everytime someone mentions the ASA, you find a way to hijack the thread with questions like- why hasn't Timmy posted? etc.

Now, after we all decided to leave this one alone, all of our nearly 9,000 members have been able to understand that simple request...except for you. Even after multiple, polite requests from myself an our team of mods, you still continue to badger on and on and on. The truth is, it's getting old. I'm sure I'm not the only one getting tired of your constant reminders and that sir, is the reason why we have asked you to refrain from further related reminders. Nothing more. We're not trying to "carry" or protect. We're simply trying to "keep the peace". Nothing more and nothing less.

If it were all about "Money, Money, Money" I'd charge you a quarter for each one of your "reminders" and be a rich man by now

[ 07-02-2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by Emily Lynn:
An admission and opoligy would go a long way with me-everybody makes mistakes but to just hope it goes away? I dont think so.
EL,

When and if Captain Tim is given the green light to make public comment, I'm sure he will. And if by chance he doesn't...well I'm going to continue on with my life just as you will.

The truth is, captain Tim doesn't owe me anything. If he comments...great. If he doesn't...oh well. That's his business. I (like most people) have my own issues to worry about.

In any event, I agree with you and hope that one day Timmy is given the opportunity to expain what he did and why he did it. I'm not sure it will be an "opology or admission" but I get your meaning.

·
Banned
1,260 Posts
Let me start by saying I have never harassed your buddy. Never, not once.

Did they not promise to give a plausible explanation for what happened? Mabee you didn't read that promise when they made it. Is it too much to ask for them to live up to their word?

Face it every time there is an ASA report or a fishing report from this crew there are plenty of people who are always going to question them unless they come clean or provide a plausible explanation. That's just reality. Everything they have done from that day forward is tainted until they provide an appology or plausible explanation.

Like Emily Lynn said above
"An admission and opoligy would go a long way with me-everybody makes mistakes but to just hope it goes away? I dont think so."

I could not have said it better!

I have thought from the beginning that they just hope all of this is forgotten without them ever making an appology or providing a plausible explanation. Its not gonna be forgotten.

To be honest I don't think anything I wrote above crossed the line or even came close to the line and when you delete it it sure makes it look like you are on their side.

PS... If you had a quarter for every time I have reminded the readers that we have not gotten our promised explanation you would have about $1.50. Get me your address I'll mail you the check.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Ron,
Please don't completely rule out the option of voting this SOB off the website.

Fisher, Has the issue with Capt. Tim and the ASA been settled? If not, then I would not expect a comment from them.

Or, maybe they are not commenting on the issue because they know it is pissing you off. :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Fisher your the kind of person who makes issues that arent really your concern your concern. You feed off contreversey and you seem to get off on others who have issues that dont concern you. No matter if your right or wrong when this issue is solved who is going to be your next capt Tim to harass and complain about. I suggest you move on and let this issue be amoong the people it concerns. This is a community of fishing buddies and friends and families this isnt about you and your concerns about what Captian Tim did or didnt do. We look for the positive things out of this community not the negative. I support Tim and crew and will continue to do so only in a positive way only because he is good no wait great at what he does. I think you and alot of us should embrase this sport and not find fault with it at every turn because that doesnt do the sport any good.
You need to move on with it and concentrate on what others are doing in the positive way for the sport and quit trying to demand and stir up the past issues that dont concern you directly.

[ 07-02-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by fisher224:
Let me start by saying I have never harassed your buddy. Never, not once.
Ok, so let me get this straight. You don't think that your constant reminders of Timmy's lack of a public explaination is harassment? Alright. I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt in an effort to try to see things your way :rolleyes: .

Instead of referring to your ongoing, endless reminders as "harassing", how about we say their...well...for lack of a better term, anoying. Yeh, that's it! They're anoying. And I'm confident that it's safe for me to say that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

The fact is, your reminders / thread hijackings find a way to create a disruption each and everytime you decide to stir the pot again. Someone will post something about the ASA, Cleansweep or captain Tim, etc. Then you jump in an remind us of how he owes the world an explaination, etc, etc, etc.

The next thing ya know we've gota jump in to make edits or lock the thread down. It creates a lot of extra work for us and it disrupts what for the most part is a peacful community.

Did they not promise to give a plausible explanation for what happened? Mabee you didn't read that promise when they made it. Is it too much to ask for them to live up to their word?
Ya know Fisher...this is starting to sound more and more like the arguments I hear my children getting into. If you've ever been around kids, you know what I mean. Kinda goes like this~

(Kid#1) You promised! (Kid#2) No I Didn't! (Kid#1) Yes You Did! (Kid#2) No I Didn't!"

Ok, so they promised us an explaination and we haven't got one yet. Does that mean that between now and the day we do get an explaination (provided we ever do get one) we're going to have to endure your endless reminders?

No, I don't think so! And that's the reason why we're politely asking you please let it go. If you feel as strongly as you make it appear. How about raising some awareness with newspaper, magazines and television? I'm sure there are plenty of other forms of media that would welcome your consistant reminders. I'd like to say we've paid our dues. It's become old hat for us. Give us a break. That's all we're asking.

Face it every time there is an ASA report or a fishing report from this crew there are plenty of people who are always going to question them unless they come clean or provide a plausible explanation. That's just reality. Everything they have done from that day forward is tainted until they provide an appology or plausible explanation.
AMEN!

Now what do ya say we let it rest. If they come up with a public statement, fine. If not, according to you they're only hurting themselves. So why not leave thier destiny in their own hands and let them make the next move, if that's what they decide to do.

In the mean time, we can go back to doing what we do and worring about the things that we need to worry about...without all the reminders and hi-jacked threads about how Timmy owes us an explaination.

Like Emily Lynn said above
"An admission and opoligy would go a long way with me-everybody makes mistakes but to just hope it goes away? I dont think so."

I could not have said it better!
Ok, so we all agree that we all would like for Timmy to give us his side of the story. Right?...Right! Wonderful! Then let's sit back and see if that's what he does. And if by some chance he does nothing. Please don't take it out on me, our mods, the Bass Barn or our community. It's Timmy's decision to do what he feels is the right thing to do. If he decides nothing is the right thing to do then that's his decision. And if for some reason you find you can't continue life with his decision then take it up with him in private, not here on the board. We've got fish to catch and reports to post

PS... If you had a quarter for every time I have reminded the readers that we have not gotten our promised explanation you would have about $1.50. Get me your address I'll mail you the check.
In that case you should thank me for saving you money! If I didn't jump in and stop you when I did, you'd have owed me a fortune ;)

[ 07-02-2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ron well thought out and spelled out completely if he and the rest of his followers dont grasp it then ..... I dont know maybe send them to silvan learning center?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts