BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. 52[SUP]nd[/SUP] Annual H.W. Shaner Surf Fishing Tournament located in Brigantine, NJ.
Contact Lynda Greaves at 609-214-0939 or [email protected]

May 10[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 33[SUP]rd[/SUP] Annual Karl J. Boehret Surf Fishing Tournament by Delaware Valley Surf Anglers located in Sea Isle City, NJ. Contact Jane Jeffreys at 609-624-1427 or
[email protected]

May 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 25[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Surf n Land Surf Fishing Tournament located in Brigantine, NJ. Contact Bob Moore at 610-461-6132 or [email protected]

September 6[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual South Jersey Surfcasters Surf Fishing Tournament located in Avalon, NJ. Contact Dan Siteman at 609-287-8411 or [email protected]

September 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Women's Surf Fishing Club of NJ Tournament located in Brigantine, NJ. Contact Chris Pancoast at 609-264-7754 or [email protected]

September 27[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 68[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Long Beach Island Fishing Club Tournament located in Harvey Cedars, NJ. Contact John Castrati 856-834-6634 or [email protected]

October 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Pennsauken Surf Fishing Club Tournament located in North Wildwood, NJ. Contact Dr. Dan Fuzer at 856-231-9110 or [email protected]

October 11[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 36[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual New Jersey Beach Buggy Association Great Fall Classic Tournament located in North Wildwood, NJ. Contact Lynda Greaves at 609-214-0939 or [email protected]

October 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. The 47[SUP]th [/SUP]Annual Ocean City Fishing Club Tournament located in Ocean City, NJ. Kieth Van Laarhoven at 609-893-5916 or [email protected]

November 1st. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Annual Northeast Anglers Surf Fishing Tournament located in Seaside Park, NJ. Contact Mike Cammarata at 732-618-0722 or [email protected]

November 15th. The 13[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Host Hudson River Fishermen’sAssociationSurf Fishing Tournament located in Seaside Park, NJ. Carl Hartmann 201-481-4390 or [email protected]

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pick up your trash next time you are in brig. Its like a swarm of 4 year olds were playing on beach when you leave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
delcocaster and dio419......if you have issues with event could you contact me or someone else connected with asac instead of posting negatively .
thanks.
i just don't prefer to be mugged by tourney fisherman.... even when i'm there first. just personal preference. just like your preference is to (i assume) fish in them, i prefer to avoid them. just because somebody's preference is opposite of yours, doesn't mean it is negative.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Really dio419? I would really like to see you back that statement up. Complaints from Police Dept.?how about Public Works? Funny, I just got my teams approval from Brigantine Council and NOTHING was said about any kind of problems.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Funny how the 2 people complaining have a total of 40 posts between both of them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,766 Posts
I've complained about these tourneys in the past as well, but have no association with the other 2 posters. I appreciate the heads up, so I can avoid being mugged.

I should note that the one interaction I had with tournament participants in Brigantine was positive... a couple of guys (maybe they were a "team"??) were assigned a slot where I happened to be fishing ... IOW I was there first, fishing and turned around to see dozens of trucks, guys putting up flags around me etc. The guys "assigned" to my "slot" were more than willing to fish around me... I said 'no problem', wished them well and left.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
delcocaster,sorry if I took it negatively but that's how it came across.
all fishermen at tournament are told that they do not own the beach and to respect fishermen that are not in tournament.
we get almost no complaints from other users of beach.
if you have ever been hassled by asac members I apologize.
if it happens in the future contact a club member at the time of occurance.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Rob, I know you are a "curmudgeon" thats why I always give you a heads up at tourney time :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob and others,

All I can you is these ASAC tournaments are not only fun, but full of some of the best surf fishermen/women out there. And not to miss the camaraderie and what that brings to the table. Aspects of this organization also help other anglers keep access, keep the all fish species thriving and assist where possible to make sure we all keep the recreational sport we love alive. Great group of people and anglers. My 2 cents anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts