BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, has anyone been to assunpink lately, just wondering how its doing, hows the fishing?
i probably havent been there in 10 years, last time i was there they still had the old mudy ramp, i heard they put in a nicer ramp.
i think im gonna make the run in the spring.
thanks ray :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
You'll be in for a pleasant surprise when you see the launch area:thumbsup: I dont think the little bait store is there anymore.:(

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll be in for a pleasant surprise when you see the launch area:thumbsup: I dont think the little bait store is there anymore.:(
thanks shamoo, isnt that sad, i must have gone to that bait store a hundred times and for the life of me i cant remember the name, do you?
he was always open on time and had great shinners
ray

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
lol i havent been up there in yrs myself because of all the tourneys. but rember some good fishin . and on way home hit some bar that looked like a log cabin. they had clam shots!! for 1 dollar couldnt beat it.lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i havent been up there in yrs myself because of all the tourneys. but rember some good fishin . and on way home hit some bar that looked like a log cabin. they had clam shots!! for 1 dollar couldnt beat it.lol
your right gwf, i remember all them tourneys, me and my son took 3rd place one year with two fish, we had a ball, what a great lake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D One of our club members nailed a solid largie just under 7lbs at a tourney last year. The ramp is really nice.:thumbsup:
hey fish devil, my personal best out of that lake was a 6.8 lb lmb.
and if the bass weren't biting the slab crappies were, lost count one day i caught so many.
cant wait to see the new ramp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
We fished last year through the ice and did good but theywhere keeping everything and it put a hurting on the population. My buddy and i kept 5 apiece but they where taking bucket loads out, then that spring we seen the effects of it, less fish in the shallows spawning. Oh well on to the next lake.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We fished last year through the ice and did good but theywhere keeping everything and it put a hurting on the population. My buddy and i kept 5 apiece but they where taking bucket loads out, then that spring we seen the effects of it, less fish in the shallows spawning. Oh well on to the next lake.
assunpink is such a great fishery, to withstand all the pressure of tournaments we all must take care of our lakes.
i practice catch and release so we all can enjoy for years to come :thumbsup:

·
Registered
499 Posts

My coangler caught this early 2011 at our open T. It went 7.22. Another boat that wasnt in the T caught a 7+ that day as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My coangler caught this early 2011 at our open T. It went 7.22. Another boat that wasnt in the T caught a 7+ that day as well.
yup rev your right.... My brother and friend Jay were there that day. Jay caught a 71/2 lber that day, they almost entered the RBC Tourny !!!!
thanks revhi and bitenbass, nice fish, now i cant wait to get out there :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts