BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At least they figured it out...surgery update

Turns out I have a rare upon rare cancer in my small intestine. Surgery Monday afternoon. Been going on since late August with low hemoglobin (5.3)= weakness and dizzy, lathargic and what not. Thus not too many reports from me this fall. Good news is it's treatable and has not spread to any organs. Hopefully be recovered by spring striper. But I'll take it one day at a time:)

Well back home frome surgery. I feel like a gutted trout:eek: 12 " incision. They had to take out some of my colon once they got in as the tumor had attached itself to it from the small intestine. Sore as heck ,can't believe percocete is only cutting the pain in half. But they said they got all of it. Just waiting on the biopsy results as to what follow up treatment rad. or chemo. Get this,my gi doctor visited me in the hospital and informed me we might be in the medical journals as this cancer has never occured in the bowel area before. HHmmm I'm number 1!:D:D

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Good news for sure-Treatable is a good thing with cancer.

Wish you well on your recovery

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Paul,I hope you're feeling better soon.Take care of yourself the stripers will be there when you get there.( I'll make sure I leave a few for you);)

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Good luck, man. You can beat this.:fighting:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Turns out I have a rare upon rare cancer in my small intestine. Surgery Monday afternoon. Been going on since late August with low hemoglobin (5.3)= weakness and dizzy, lathargic and what not. Thus not too many reports from me this fall. Good news is it's treatable and has not spread to any organs. Hopefully be recovered by spring striper. But I'll take it one day at a time:)
It's a small world. Right now I'm down in Naples, Florida getting ready to have a tumor removed from my large intestine tomorrow afternoon. My hemoglobin was down to 5 and I had to get five units of blood to bring it up to 10.0 Although my tumor has just about blocked the intestine solid my surgeon feels that it isn't invasive and will be able to be totally removed. Good luck to you. I'm sure we'll both be fishing for the flat ones in late spring!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Hi Paul,
The great news that they got it early. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
All the best buddy.
Lew

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!

Spindrift hang in there buddy,just think if things get boring at a party we can always crack open the colostomy bag...lol I'll send the good vibes down to ya.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Hey Paul, keep your head up and a positive attitude and you'll beat it, you have a lot to look forward to so best of luck with the surgery and my prayers are with you for a very speedy recovery. All the best Paul!!!!! John

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Spindrift hang in there buddy,just think if things get boring at a party we can always crack open the colostomy bag...lol I'll send the good vibes down to ya.
Wish2fish,
Good luck. My son had a ostomy bag for 18 months, I learned some great tricks to keep them from leaking and to last longer.
If you need some secrets, let me know.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Paul,

I wish you the best for fast and safe recovery, we need you on the bay catching the snot out of bass.:D

Said a prayer for you for what its worth!

If you need a ride for fall, let me know I ll try my best to put you on cows!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Paul, Good luck in your surgery, get well soon...And by your post it seems you have not lost your sense of humor, good for you:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts