BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up the street earlier today and could see ganetts pounding the water. My heart was in my throat.....this weather is killing me!:fighting:

Not soon enough for me!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Awsome....I cant wait either....Think they were on bunker or herring? Oceans around 45 now, its as warm as it is in march.....keeps this up things will happen fast....

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Awsome....I cant wait either....Think they were on bunker or herring? Oceans around 45 now, its as warm as it is in march.....keeps this up things will happen fast....
its about to turn around February could be tricky i am looking at long rang

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nice report skipper, hell, the run may be late February this year with the way it's been going with the weather! Can't wait!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely herring....but I'm cetain there were bass in that area as well!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nice report skipper, hell, the run may be late February this year with the way it's been going with the weather! Can't wait!:thumbsup:
i will be out there but with who in march
most like for me start in striper fishing is mid april

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
welcome to february guess what its gonna be a very mild month
so march striper season will start we may see record high later this months
or a fast cold snap snow then big warm up
Now your sounding like a true weather man.....could be cold could be hot, could rain or could snow...never understood the difference between " partly cloudy" and "partly sunny"...:huh:

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
i will be out there but with who in march
most like for me start in striper fishing is mid april
I will be starting at the end of March, maybe a tad earlier.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
The gannets are an awsome site to see, 10lb birds flying up to 60mph into the water..the sound of 100s of birds doing this is awsome.....I like when they show up while anchored and everyone pulls up and chases them....more casting room...:D...
Interesting fact I found while googling them, they keep their comrades and same mate for life and stay at sea only returning to land once a year to mate...kinda sounds like me but I only return to take the trash out...:D
Watching them will get the old ticker pumping...
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=zCspWEcXdZk

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Interesting fact I found while googling them, they keep their comrades and same mate for life and stay at sea only returning to land once a year to mate...kinda sounds like me but I only return to take the trash out...:D
Only take out the trash? What? No mating? :eek:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The gannets are an awsome site to see, 10lb birds flying up to 60mph into the water..the sound of 100s of birds doing this is awsome.....I like when they show up while anchored and everyone pulls up and chases them....more casting room...:D...
I was running in last year from clamming and ran into gannets dive bombing. Got my biggest bass of the day on a big, metal lip wooden swimmer.;)

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found the mother load of bass and birds 2 years ago in march out near the maul...the first day I had it to myself. Day 2 I was happy to share it with others. Bass everywhere!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts