BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pass this lake on my way home from work it used to be allmost dry but the last few weeks I saw a few guys fishing it.I heard thet dredged it - is that true and has anybody fished it since?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Atco Lake's dam needed repair, so the township took it over and had the repairs done. No dredging was done, although it could use it. As part of the process, the lake was drawn down and the fish 'relocated'.

The dam headwall repairs are complete and the water level back up, but I don't know how many 'mature' fish are left to catch.

Over the last several years the lake has gotten shallower (and warmer during the summer). There is also fantastic weed growth in the lake. I doubt that many of the larger fish could survive the high temps.

You have to watch those fish though, they don't know they were 'all removed' during the repair work or that they could not survive the high temps of summer and may still be there.

I pass it at least twice a day and will drop over with my fly rod to do some 'prospecting' and let you know what's up at Atco Lake some evening this week.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You'll be better off at Zito's there's no fish there.

Keep heading East on the pike you'll find a couple of lakes that won't do you wrong

·
Registered
56 Posts
have been fishing the lake after work for the past 3 weeks been catching smaller picks and bass and some of the biggest biue gill I have ever caught.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts