BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago there was a thread running re Atlantis Propeller. There were different opinions posted that were pro and con.

I posted that I was very unhappy with Atlantis since they do not seem to know how to properly cup propellers used on fast planing boats. My bad results from them were from more than one occasion of having 4-blade props reconditioned at the end of a season at $500 a pop. Considering the price of fuel these days, a perfectly working propeller saves fuel and/or provides more speed. I need the fuel savings.

I had not picked up the pair that I had taken to Atlantis in the winter of 2007. That pair had not been cupped correctly and I used a LOT of extra fuel in 2006. The owner had told me that he "would take care of me" to fix these props but there was a $500 invoice on the props when I went to pick them up so I refused to take them.

A post on the thread came from someone at Atlantis telling me I could pick the props up without charge. Why it took well over a year to come to this agreement is beyond me but I picked them up today.

At the next haulout, this pair will be put on and we'll see just what they were able to do to "take care of me."

·
Registered
613 Posts
#1 BT3100 vbmenu_register("postmenu_798001", true);

Atlantis Propeller Great Service from a Barn Sponser
These guys helped out a barner big time!
Found the prop I needed at half the cost of everyone else!!
Thanks Guys!!
11-17-2006, 08:52 AM #2 windmeup vbmenu_register("postmenu_798338", true);

Atlantis Prop! The BEST!!!!
Tom knows his stuff Period. I always use his service. Each time, he sat down with me and explained the differences in shapes, what is desired & what the outcome will be. Of all the years boating, These guys are the first that actually do a great job on Props! They also certify prop shafts to short out the junk material other marina's sell you. Stan.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Franks Seaswirl said:
yep. One of the worst threads I have read. Full of allegations but most others were positive.
Thanks Frank, we truly hope Mr. Fuller finds what he is looking for..(a prop shop that fixes wheels for free)......more opinions:

I have had a prop customized by them. The results couldn't have been better. True craftsmen and really nice people.

18' ActionCraft Flatsmaster/Sutphen Racing Hull/ Mercury 150 EFI tlantis

Adam,
Tom and his staff over at Atlantis are the best!!! I can't say enough about them.
Herb​

Sensation​

Props

Just wanted to add my thanks also. Atlantis is a great company. They have done great work on my props also. The boat always runs smoother and better after a prop reconditioning. Thanks again and keep up the good work.​

·
Registered
613 Posts
A crucial component to any repower is making sure you have the correct props to handle your boat's new horsepower and the torque that comes with it. We turned to Atlantis Propeller, which uses Prop Scan, a computerized propeller-inspection system. It enables propellers to be remanufactured and/or modified within tight tolerances.

Properly tuned props increase a boat's overall performance, including faster speed and, most important, reduced fuel consumption. With our new power and dialed-in props, we'll save several thousand gallons of fuel this year.

written by Adam LaRosa of the CANYON RUNNER

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sea Cure back on schedule "Thanks Atlantis Propeller!!"
Sea Cure is back in action and running Fri>Sat and Sun to Mon. We are planning to run south between the Lindy and Wilmington for two overnight charters. We are on Ch. 68.

We almost had to cancel due to a few issues with the wheels and rudders:eek: .
Thanks to Ray and our friends at Atlantis Propeller, we were back up and running in 3 days!!!:) Ray knows we run a tight schedule this time of year and book out almost every weekend and several weekdays. We would like to thank them for turning our props around quickley so we can get back out there and catch more fish!!;)

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I thought You had enough to say in the other thread
This thread was uncalled for ,Atlantis does great work,no need to bash them on this board,You got Your props for free and You should leave it at that!!!

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
CAPT. LINDSAY said:
At the next haulout, this pair will be put on and we'll see just what they were able to do to "take care of me."
Sounds good capt. Lindsay!

In the mean time I'm gonna lock this one down. This sort if thing is best handled between customer (you) and owner (Tom).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.