BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i used a tube and worm rig i made in the spring/summer months and hooked up more blues that I could count. I like bluefishing alot, the eating is not the best table fare but its not all that bad, however this is the 'bassbarn' and not the bluefishbarn. I was wondering if anyone uses tube and worm right now, or is this more of a warmer water method.
If not, what are you guys trolling? I'm a kayaker, so trolling is more or less the name of the game for me.
Nightstrikes mentioned trolling an eel. Anyone trolling anything different?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
If you are only interested in artificials and don't want to cast...you might try a small rattle trap as an attactor with a large feather as a teaser...stripers are usually suckers for teasers.

A surface popper way back might work...stop and jerk once and awhile...along with any floater minnow.

If you don't mind eels...they would be hard to beat from a kayak.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I troll fin-s, and shad bodies from my yak, dark ones at night (best) and green metal flake or lighter colors in the day, 4" or 6" size. I like the "eel color"/ brown/white for night. Works great. Eels seem to take bigger fish, in the bay is perfect for eeling. Slow troll them or let em' swim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts