BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they're finally here. Caught some shorts on Saturday afternoon about a mile off the Avalon beach. So, Pumped up we went out Sunday morning.
3 barners out on Youngers boat. Didn't even make it out of the inlet before we saw some birds working. Played with that group for a while an picked up about 15 slots. Slow mid day but made up for it in the afternoon ag :D ain off the Avalon beach. Heavy concentrations of slots on the bottom, lighting up the sonar like a christmas tree. around 4 most of the boats headed back to the docks and that's when the real fun started. The fish started feeding on the surface crashing bait. A wild eye would not be ignored for more than one cast. We had multiple triples on the boat, and realistically boated close to 100 stripers. Largest was a fat 32"er that probably went 12 pounds. Jim and I would like to thank Brian for a great trip and the best day of fishing in NJ any of us ever had.
That said, i'll be on the water this afternoon (right after work)to hopefully do it again.
Happy holidays all.
Jerry

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by onthefly:
Well, they're finally here. Caught some shorts on Saturday afternoon about a mile off the Avalon beach. So, Pumped up we went out Sunday morning.
3 barners out on Youngers boat. Didn't even make it out of the inlet before we saw some birds working. Played with that group for a while an picked up about 15 slots. Slow mid day but made up for it in the afternoon ag :D ain off the Avalon beach. Heavy concentrations of slots on the bottom, lighting up the sonar like a christmas tree. around 4 most of the boats headed back to the docks and that's when the real fun started. The fish started feeding on the surface crashing bait. A wild eye would not be ignored for more than one cast. We had multiple triples on the boat, and realistically boated close to 100 stripers. Largest was a fat 32"er that probably went 12 pounds. Jim and I would like to thank Brian for a great trip and the best day of fishing in NJ any of us ever had.
That said, i'll be on the water this afternoon (right after work)to hopefully do it again.
Happy holidays all.
Jerry
Great Report!

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
It is true, I was there. Incredible action.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was on a 23'Pursuit out there with ya yesterday.

We were in on the afternoon bite off Avalon.
Big blues and slot stripes.
We didnt stay for the late bite but we should have.

Certainly makes winter coming a little more bareable when you get in on that type of action.

Rob

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
Hey Rob...we were the 28' Scout CC w/ blue hull. It was a blast. It just kept getting better and better as the afternoon wore on. Lots of guys left too early!!

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Nice going guys!!

I saw the headboats right off the beach today in Avalon. I guess they were working the same areas.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I watch you guys in the binos every day after work... bite me! ;) Is my post printed in green with envy? Catch em up boys!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ya, we caught fish fri and sat,Brian i think i past you behind avalon on thurs.Lots of action out front know.There is a large body of fish heading down from l.b.i.,should be here any day now,larger fish from what i was told.

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
I was not disappointed with the smaller fish, there were so many of them, you didn't have time to think! Just keep casting, reeling, releasing and casting. Jerry got a little excited...there is a wild eye hanging off my stbd. outrigger :D . I doubt we will ever be able to repeat that day. Hard to describe how good it was. Right place/right time.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
There was definitely a large body of fish off of LBI saturday. I was jigging them and we had fish to 20lbs. We definitely caught well over 100 fish and left them biting as we had a long ride back to GE inlet.

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
That is good, maybe this will last for a couple of weeks. I might even leave the boat in till the 11th if this holds up....

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
you will see it again !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Great report! Can anyone guess why this type of action does not happen as often off WW and CM???

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Beeline to the rips or the bank where more bait holds?

[ 11-29-2005, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts