BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a boat ramp in Avalon opened early enough to get a couple hours in before work? Also what is the water depths like compared to brigantine

Thank you

·
Registered
177 Posts
Where in Avalon do you want to put in? If you put in at Knobbies on the manor you just put $10 in the slot and your good to go!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Launched the little boat today around 4...very little traffic. There was a local cop there keeping an eye out to make sure everything went well. I am pretty sure he normally runs their police boat. If so he is a nice guy as later they had to wait for a disabled boat stuck in the marsh to be rescued by a smaller boat. I don't remember the name of the smaller boat but it was a really nice gesture.

Water depth isn't an issue, but I have never been to brig. I can say there is a sod bank that os hard to see at a very high tide so pay attention to the marker .

-Steve

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
55 th st is a nice ramp as well as 83 rd. I usually use one of the 2. Knobbies is good except on a lower tide. Seems like the popular spot this yr has been on the east side of the big bridge on the blvd coming into avalon (free). Trucks were stacked up there friday. Sand looks solid and it's very close to patties... I would say the back waters is pretty well marked for the most part there are a few iffy spots on the lower tide, but as long as your in the icw you should be fine. Early season the better spots are off the beaten path a little, and sometimes take running a ground once or twice to figure out. Go slow, were shorts and bring bug spray...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
55 th st is a nice ramp as well as 83 rd. I usually use one of the 2. Knobbies is good except on a lower tide. Seems like the popular spot this yr has been on the east side of the big bridge on the blvd coming into avalon (free). Trucks were stacked up there friday. Sand looks solid and it's very close to patties... I would say the back waters is pretty well marked for the most part there are a few iffy spots on the lower tide, but as long as your in the icw you should be fine. Early season the better spots are off the beaten path a little, and sometimes take running a ground once or twice to figure out. Go slow, were shorts and bring bug spray...
I will second the bug spray! When the wind dies down you almost need a bee keepers suit! The tiny little bastard flies are worse than the green heads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.