BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know this is a copycat post, but it's the middle of winter, and I'm housebound. Does anyone remember the two party boats in Avalon in the 1950's One was Augie Hurd's Emma C. ( his son now runs the Miss Avalon.) I forget the other boats name, but they were on both sides of the causeway bridge which is now the fishing pier. also who remembers Dutch's bait and tackle. It was across from the Emma C. There was a guy who worked there named George ? He was really smart about fishing. I think he wrote articles in the local papers. Remember all the party boats in Cape May in the early 1970's I'll just mention one, Nada Jane. My favorite. Walt Shick Capt. Howard Comber Mate. Great times, and good memories. They're both long gone now. BIG weakies in those days.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The boat was the "Lady Floss" , Capt. Walt Buck. I mated on the boat from 1961 until 1965. Walt's wife was Floss and she went almost every day. I also worked at the Driftwood when George Cornish was with Dutch. Walt's brother Bill was a plumber in Avalon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.