BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they have slips for rent next season? I tried calling Morans but they are closed until the spring. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I know the new owner was putting in a lot of new docs and fingers so I would bet there will be more than a few available. It's a super location. Just be aware that the current runs though there with some force. Not trying to dissuade you in any way, but make sure you know the deal before signing on.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know the new owner was putting in a lot of new docs and fingers so I would bet there will be more than a few available. It's a super location. Just be aware that the current runs though there with some force. Not trying to dissuade you in any way, but make sure you know the deal before signing on.
yup. the current rips at old avalon point. you can see the bulkheads swaying from it. Its a great location with easy access to TI, but my slip is a little safer from storms and easier for me to get to.

BOP, You're talking about Avalon Marine Center. He's talking about the sportfishing center in Avalon.
I love that place. Grew up hanging around the Rockaway and the Miss Avalon....I forget what it was called before Morans though. I've wanted to have a boat docked there since I was 8 years old...back when 7mi wasn't "the main line east" Thanks for the info Dan. Wonder what kind of wine the mayor drinks..:huh: I'll be in by Patty's Day..Hope you join us this year, we're both tough to get off our boats unless we feel like getting bossed around by Insomniac all day...:D "cast there...you blew it.. you suck crabby....:D gimmie that rod..now WATCH me"..:thumbsup:

PS- lots of big rock crabs are still around...never seen them this late before...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It used to be called Hook, line and sinker. I worked there the very first year it opened, the summer of 1979
YES!!! holy crap..I would have never remembered that..thanks.

Crabby, you movin out of the neighborhood?

Only if I get go home brotha...till then I'm at SHM with my bass and buddies..There's just something about having a place to get hoagies 100 feet from the boat..:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Last I heard there's a rather long wait list for those slips - Avalon Marine Center, even with its currents, may be your best bet. I kept my boat at the old APM for half a season one year when run by the old owners and even though the docks/place was falling apart at the time and their service department back then was poor, I found navigating the current wasn't too bad after you get in/out of your slip a couple of times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts