BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard and read alot about magging an avet reel ,so I just went and did it,My own way
One with a 3/8 x1/8 mag and one with two 3/8x1/8 rare earth mags.
The one mag seems to be the best for distance and probaly is the correct all around , the two mag setup has no looseness when casting and seems to totaly tame the hairyness of an avet free spool . ( Good when when relaxation outweigh distance)
My question is ,most articles I read placed the Mag. in or on some metal mounting surfice, I simply super glued them to the frame of the reel.
I guess from what I have read the mag, are not as powerfull this way ,but seem to work fine.
I have all so heard that this will void warrenty, Why.
I just did this today ,so my test results are very limited, however I am quite experienced in art of surf casting .

·
Registered
31,378 Posts
Companies never want people messing with their reels but you should be able to just pop the magnets off if you need to send it in. The mags won't damage the reel in any way.

·
Registered
574 Posts
From what i understand from my own research on the topic is that the warranty is not void unless you drill and tap holes in the reel. epoxying or super glueing anything in the reel doesn't void the warranty. I used 3M double sidedtape and that seems to work just fine, so far. It allows me to figure out how many mags i need. I was casting a country mile with a 1oz weight. When I changed to a 1/2 bucktail i started getting nests on almost every cast. The conditions were also windy, and the bucktail slowed down in the wind causing the spool to spin faster than the bucktail's cast. I'm assuming i need more practice or should add another mag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts