BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I've had the LX 6.0 for two season no problems, I have used it for jigging
and trolling for small tuna to 50lbs.
Great reel.
Also have the MXL5.8 for inshore I love it.
Like anything else take care of it and it will last a life time.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I love the Avets too! I have a few SXs and MXLs . Couldn't agree more with everyone else's opinions. Great reels, very reasonable priced, easy to service, smooth drags and good looking to boot.

I'd also like them to make a levelwind -- (about the size of a calcutta 400 would be perfect for me).

you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
guess my .02cents isn't needed, have a mjx i use for toggin and boat stripers love it, used to use a penn surf master for that and lilfisherman kept telling me to get an avet, once you get one you'll understand they're AWESOME

·
Registered
62,423 Posts
I have two SXs that are used for Tog and Stripers. Absolutely love them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I've had a both an SX and MX for 4 years.. They are perfect. Only problem I had was their reel seat on the SX was too thick for the Fuji reel seat on my St Croix stick.. I took it down some with a grinder and its fine now..

Trust me, Avets are tough.... I barely wash my tackle off and these reel still look brand new.. Easy to take apart, but you only use a real light lube oil in them. I use Hot Juice or something like that..

The the MX I have is the narrow spool one, but its a 6 to 1 ratio.. If I had to buy it again the 4.5 to 1 would be my choice. The 6 is too much gear with bigger fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.