BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why dont they have any around here. like lake hopatcong. delaware river. i think the canals a little to small. but i mean come on we got good size fish around here.I think we should write a letter and all sign it saying that they should try or have add least a torny soon some where in nj

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Basically, NJ is to small. You have 101 Elite anglers and there is no lake in NJ that could house that many boats for a Tournament. Gloucester Ramp could come close if they were fishing the Delaware but they know Ike would destroy them lol

It's not beneficial for BASS to hold an event on anyone of these SMALL lakes. The guys at the Classic last week laughed at us when I told them that Hopatcong was the biggest lake we had at a whopping 2000 acres. That's a mud puddle to these guys

·
Registered
306 Posts
The closest you are going to get to this area for a BASS event is the Upper Chesapeake on the Northeast River out of Anchor Marine.

BASS tried to have one in Philadelphia back in the 80's, but the Mayor at the time would not give them any tax breaks, so they could not come to a deal.
As Amsel said, when BASS schedules for a TX, they need an ample body of water, large enough launch area and adequate lodging in the area, but first, they want to get paid, as in tax breaks from the place they hold the event.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The closest you are going to get to this area for a BASS event is the Upper Chesapeake on the Northeast River out of Anchor Marine.

BASS tried to have one in Philadelphia back in the 80's, but the Mayor at the time would not give them any tax breaks, so they could not come to a deal.
As Amsel said, when BASS schedules for a TX, they need an ample body of water, large enough launch area and adequate lodging in the area, but first, they want to get paid, as in tax breaks from the place they hold the event.

Nice info about the tax break.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's how BASS and FLW operate, especially now, both are looking to make a profit.
Look at the " Classics " held by both organizations in Pittsburgh, PA on Three Rivers area.
You would be hard pressed to find and area like that with so little bass in them. Yet, both organizations chose to hold their " Word Champioship " tournaments there.............was not beause of the Premier fishery LOL.....locals have a hard time putting together a 5 fish limit on those rivers, and when they do, the weight for the limits is usually around 6 pounds.
Both organizations went ther becasue Pittsburgh ponied up the most money to them to come there and hold the Clasics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
amsel, ike might not kill them he didnt do to good in city limits but then again it was televised and probably didnt want people knowing his spots but look at some pros, the BASS fish tornys in there home county and they dont come out on top. maybe some day they will have the accommodations to hold tornys on the delaware sometime.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That's how BASS and FLW operate, especially now, both are looking to make a profit.
Look at the " Classics " held by both organizations in Pittsburgh, PA on Three Rivers area.
You would be hard pressed to find and area like that with so little bass in them. Yet, both organizations chose to hold their " Word Champioship " tournaments there.............was not beause of the Premier fishery LOL.....locals have a hard time putting together a 5 fish limit on those rivers, and when they do, the weight for the limits is usually around 6 pounds.
Both organizations went ther becasue Pittsburgh ponied up the most money to them to come there and hold the Clasics.
:thumbsup: Makes sense. I did hear talks about the FLW possibly holding an event out of Gloucester but we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
amsel, ike might not kill them he didnt do to good in city limits but then again it was televised and probably didnt want people knowing his spots but look at some pros, the BASS fish tornys in there home county and they dont come out on top. maybe some day they will have the accommodations to hold tornys on the delaware sometime.
If there is one thing I know about Mike, and yes I have witnessed him dominate multiple Open buddies, and Fed Nation events on the Delware River, is that he knows the River very well.
You are right, anyone can be beat on their home lake, that was witnessed at the Classic this past weekend but if you look at my post, I put a LOL -(laughing out Loud) meaning I was joking anyhow.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
amsel my bad i didnt see the lol. well you all make good points. learned some stuff from yous also thanks alot.:thumbsup:

It's all good bro. That's why this site is awesome. No egos over here and we just want to help each other out :cheers:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Philly is famous for driving away business/events with their tax policies. I agree that the Delaware and tributaries would provide enough water for a tourney, I don't see it happening. I don't think it would be the fishery that would cause the problem, but the powers that be wouldn't do what it takes to make it happen.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Philly is famous for driving away business/events with their tax policies. I agree that the Delaware and tributaries would provide enough water for a tourney, I don't see it happening. I don't think it would be the fishery that would cause the problem, but the powers that be wouldn't do what it takes to make it happen.
I don't think BASS has talked to Philly since the turndown in th 80's.

Plenty of water to fish from Trenton down to the Christiana River in Wilmington.

You can bet your boat that if they ever did hold a BASS out of Philly that there would be more than a handful of boats that would make the run down the river, thru the C & D canal and into the Elk River/Sass/Flats area. The quality of fish down there would make the run worthwhile if they got on a good bite in practice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think BASS has talked to Philly since the turndown in th 80's.

Plenty of water to fish from Trenton down to the Christiana River in Wilmington.

You can bet your boat that if they ever did hold a BASS out of Philly that there would be more than a handful of boats that would make the run down the river, thru the C & D canal and into the Elk River/Sass/Flats area. The quality of fish down there would make the run worthwhile if they got on a good bite in practice.
Why talk to philly. Its the delaware river not the philly river. just saying they could talk to nj or de to have it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Why talk to philly. Its the delaware river not the philly river. just saying they could talk to nj or de to have it.
Delaware does not have a facility large enough to hold a BASS event.

Does Jersey have a large enough ramp facility to hold 200 boats/trailers if they wanted to have a BASS Open on the Delaware ?
Remember, the launch ramp area has to be large enough to hold that many participant trailers, and the non boater vehicles too.

Also has to have enough area at the facility so BASS can bring in the Weigh in stage, etc, and have enough room for the Factory support trailers from Merc, Yamaha, etc.

·
Registered
238 Posts
bingo:thumbsup:

money money money

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.