BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Game day was finally on us... We had missed a couple pretty poor bites then this one piled on the circle combo we finally came up with...

The team meeting had gone well and we were focused. The boss man took the game to the fish with determination...

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Soon we had our first points... Tasted blood and never looked back...

Day two provided only a few cudas and this "Billfish"...:eek:

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Day three was a bumpy one out but the crew stayed calm.:D

Protected from the wind our spot finally coughed up a real good one and Nick was on the stick.

Its tough to see size in a pic but this was a pig of a white...

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next day was a lay day and the crews showed their strengths in other ways...:D

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day four provided the only nice morning run of the week and what a run. The boss gave me an order to "stick em in the kitchen"... I settled for 5100 rpm and with a 6:am departure we were already 60 miles closer to target by the time the sun rose.:)

The boss man was again on deck for the opening bite.

Soon our third fish and the points it brought was along side... And it was a good sized specimen of that species too...

The clock ticked. "Certifiable" had scored big and moved past us... We had to have another to at least make sure our second place was secured... Though we could fish legally to three o'clock, the length of our run would force us to quit early to make it back in time before the final scale closing.
With two minutes to go... I saw a fish boil a hundred yards to the deep side. I slid in and a marlin piled on our inside masher tearing the skirts off. I looked for her to raise again. The rigger went down but alas another sail. At least it was points to pad our score...

We made it back on time. Offloaded our lone wahoo of the trip...

Stomachs churned for a while as the staff tallied the final scores... We had hung on and at least took home second. A very nice second...:D

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
good going guys! guess sid took the pot?!?

what kind of boat u guys running compleat!>!>

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little Contender "Skiff"...

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Capt Paul,

Looks like you dialed them in, way to go , I heard the fishing was slow, so you did great,.

Tip of the hat to you and your crew,:cool: I will give you a call later on the phone,

Captn Joe

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
you guys run the small boat over there or you got a bigger boat compleat!?

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Joe
That thing was a pig! Revisiting in my head over and over and probably short of 150 but not by much...

Yes they are fun on the light stuff but on 30 not much to it...;)

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
you guys run that boat over compleat? or you got a bigger boat you own?!?

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yes we ran that one over. My own boat is smaller. I run other bigger boats including a 36 Luhrs Express up north and a 61 Viking here and there...

Owner of this boat just got another smaller Contender for use inshore and mudhole in Jersey. He's looking to use this 31 for another year or so then considering a 50 Viking...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts