BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bay behind the Wildwoods is gone!! Wind blew it away!! Lowest low tide I've seen in quite a while. The new moon helps too I guess. The channel is about all that's left. You can see a few lost comml crab traps here and there and can check out the bottom structure for future fishing trips.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
can you take some pics? I would love to see that!!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Wow, you weren't kidding when you called were ya??:eek: :eek: Extremely low, wish i was there to see it in person. See you in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
from my back deck I could not see any water in any of the nearby creeks... drove over the 147 bridge on the way to work this afternoon around 2:45 or so. The blowout tide had emptied all the basins I could see...the only water was the channel on the ICW......wish I had a camera with me....I wonder what the beach looked like...:eek:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Thats insane, never seen anything like that before.

RyanF

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Papa Bear 56 said:
Bob,
Awesome pics...that's got to be the lowest I ever saw it :eek:
Yo0 PB, you have mail.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Spent the after noon in corson's inlet. Beach was the largest I have ever seen it. Sand bar popped up on the mainland side of the ocean drive bridge. Entire rock pile and mussel bed was out of the water under the bridge. For a reference....the boat ramp had no water on it. You could walk all the way to the end and look over the edge without getting wet. Found some new structure and the reasons why we catch fish in some places today. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
I Have Over 50 Years Around The Area Meanmachine Took Pictures And Have Never Seen That Low A Tide. Three Years Ago Me Mickael C And Box Ran My Boat Up To Avalon Anchorage In Early December In A Blowout Tide But This Appears A Lot Lower. I Would Have Loved To Run Back In Turtle And Get A Good Look At The First Two Creeks.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
Great pics. I’ve never seen it that low before. Was there any water in the channel coming into 18th street from the bay?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I left WW yesterday around 4:00pm and there was no Turtle Creek, it was completely gone. I guess with the new moon and west wind it blew out the water

·
Registered
768 Posts
if we were near a falt line of some kind I woulda thought tsunami as well ( although i suppose you don't necessarily have to be).

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I was there too...it was the lowest i has ever seen....you could walk across in some of the creeks....behind sterling harbor and pier 47 was really low...there were breakers on sunset lake in the crest..everything was real dirty too..

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Hardtop said:
Great pics. I’ve never seen it that low before. Was there any water in the channel coming into 18th street from the bay?
ON A GOOD LOW TIDE GOING INTO 18TH STREET SOME BOATS WOULDTILT THERE MOTOR UP AND ON THE DECENT LOW A FEW YEARS AGO MY WAVES WERE BREAKING AT THE CHANNEL. IT HAD TO BE DRY IN PLACES. IF IT WAS SUMMER THE FLOUNDER COULDN'T HIDE. GREAT STUFF.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
BIGGESTJACK said:
ON A GOOD LOW TIDE GOING INTO 18TH STREET SOME BOATS WOULDTILT THERE MOTOR UP AND ON THE DECENT LOW A FEW YEARS AGO MY WAVES WERE BREAKING AT THE CHANNEL. IT HAD TO BE DRY IN PLACES. IF IT WAS SUMMER THE FLOUNDER COULDN'T HIDE. GREAT STUFF.
BTW - did you get the pics I sent to you of the river the other day?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts