BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in the back bay yesterday to do the clam thing again. The water was 32 at low tide where we were. By 2/3 up it was 39. We never had a hit and we were in the place where we had been catching fish on every trip. Hopefully they were just in shock and it's not over. These next few warm days will help I'm sure.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
It is chilly! I ran to get fuel yesterday, and had to push through some 1/4" thick ice to get to the fuel dock! Even with the wind blowing, I could take the boat out of gear and she wouldn't move! Incoming water should be warmer. I have a trip this afternoon for the flood, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Colder surface temps don't mean ****.One week of no sun and freeze nights cans the bite. There is plenty of fish and bait still in back of Sea Isle.My father fished Paddys Hole area this afternoon and caught and released 6 and kept 1 27in fish. Then went to Townsends Channel, and ca ught a 37in fish plus 2 30inchers.Keep fishing hard!!!

[ 12-23-2004, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry to get back late ,was shopping. He used 3/4oz kalins heads on 5 3/4in arkansas shiner fin-s. Straight up and fall retreive,he uses power pro line,and fishes slow!!! All I could get out of him, wine tasting time of year!!!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went back out dunking clams today. The water was warmer than Tuesday, there was bait around but not much action. We had no keepers. We took a look out front for birds but didn't see any. It was blowing enough that we couldn't get far from the beach. :confused:

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by aimless2:
Went back out dunking clams today. The water was warmer than Tuesday, there was bait around but not much action. We had no keepers. We took a look out front for birds but didn't see any. It was blowing enough that we couldn't get far from the beach. :confused:
Your the man

Keep fishing man

Merry X Mas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts