BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone doing any good yet? The 60 mph wind gusts kinda made for a lousy drift last weekend! Will be putting in my 15' Montauk middle of next week. Looking to scout out the skinny warmer water behind Avalon very soon. My minnow supply at my dock in incredible.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
So is anyone doing any good yet? The 60 mph wind gusts kinda made for a lousy drift last weekend! Will be putting in my 15' Montauk middle of next week. Looking to scout out the skinny warmer water behind Avalon very soon. My minnow supply at my dock in incredible.
Up here in Central Ocean County, it was just starting to heat up before the blow. Had to find the warmer but clean water and the fish were biting. Mostly small, but it was about to pop off. It will take another 3 days or so for the water to clean up to where I like it. I'll be out Monday and Tuesday next week fishing the ebb tides. Looks like we will be trading the stiff NE blow for some pea soup fog. I never like to see stationary or sagging warm fronts draped over cold water. Good luck to all who get out for some fun.

·
Registered
17,110 Posts
I am not in yet, but almost everyday I cross the bridges on the GSP and OC. I rarely see anyone out. Granted, most of the days have not been fishable due to weather but I believe there aren’t alot of boats in the water just yet. Opening up the season May 2 gave us nothing down here. IMO.
I hope to get in within 2 weeks or sooner.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Today in northern cape may county, on the ICW, caught 6 over 18 and 7 under 17". Kept a 18 1/2" and a 23" between me and my son. Fog was nasty and with some rain thrown in. Got soaked. But action was fairly steady and saw some nice fish caught. Caught a 20" blue fish also and saw someone catch another one. All action was at top of tide going out

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
I'm hoping to drag the boat down today and fish tomorrow, but that's sketchy right now. I still have boat work to do. Work starts at 6am.

It's good to hear about the minnows.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Went out this morning to fish the outgoing tide. The fog made it look like a Steven King movie, 75 yds for my eyes. Couple of small fish, good cigar, my son, my friend and ran into some people at the dock i haven't seen in a bit. Good morning, afternoon spent mowing the back yard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts