BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible or as little. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".

Please do not get upset when your post is edited
This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area ....
Tide and Conditions
# Fish Caught
bait/lure/fly
Pic's are welcome

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Got out last night for about 4 hours
Met up with lilfisherman
Bounced some fins,swim shads bucks and gulp nothing

Saw a big herring beach itself and believe I had a few bass pop up top but no hits no swings and no errors
Nice to get out and smell some salt

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Got out last night from about 1130-130am...incoming tide....AV area...Bridges.....Skunked....I think I was warmer sufing last week then I was fishing last night...gonna have a quick look tonight...

·
Registered
133 Posts
last night

Fished last couple of hours of outgoing last night with a very strong winds. No bass or hits. Was using worms.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Tonight....SH area......745-930pm....end of outgoing......got the skunk....did hear a few pops...Quiet night otherwise....

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Guess there not to far off, if one's washing up? (Looked about 21 inches)This was yesterday, also my brother shot a video on his phone of a seal on the beach at 35st in avalon. Was pretty cool. Don't see that every day.:)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Went out again sunday 1130 till 630
Same place different story
Place was CROWDED
Nothing for me but saw about a dozen caught all in the mid 20's no keepers
Heard a guy say a 30 was caught sat afternoon
Probably won't make it back out till the 14th

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It was a beautiful day yesterday so I went out in the afternoon from 3-5PM behind OC for the skunk :p I knew it was going to happen, but I just wanted to be outside again... it felt good. Real low tide and the wind picked up a little bit while we were there..

Using metals and soft plastics.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
gave it a shot

My partner and i are off on mondays so we decided to go throw some plastic. There was a slight wind in So. Dennis where we live. So i thought we would try the back behind S.H # W.W. Stopped at a few bridges that we checked out and when iwallked to the waters edge to check out conditions i almost got blown into the water . Wind must have been @ 30 MPH. Jumped back in the truck and drove around till we found a place that put the wind to our back.She was throwing 1/2 oz bucktail with pink and white zooms.I tried an assortment of surface and mid water lures.We spent about 30 min. and called it quits. I wanted to see how the new rig i bought her (us) fit for her to throw lures all day . No hits,but was nice to be on the water. Saw 2 guys up from us a bit fishing bait and did not see any action there either. Caught the change of low tide.This is the earliest i have been on the water in years, and i think i already like it. Don

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Fished this morning for a hr or so. Threw a super fluke with out a touch. Changed over to a small yo-zuri minnow, had a nice size fish on until a bridge monger tangled my line.:mad: Great day to be out.:)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Beach Pounder said:
Fished this morning for a hr or so. Threw a super fluke with out a touch. Changed over to a small yo-zuri minnow, had a nice size fish on until a bridge monger tangled my line.:mad: Great day to be out.:)
shhhh that place has been crowded enough

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Sporty conditions Saturday night. Checked on the herring before the midnight whistle but couldnt find them, they must be doing their thing and should be eating again soon. Wind really picked up around 10 and I gave it half an effort before calling it a night. Pretty crappy again Sat night so I just went to AC and didnt fish at all. Saw a couple around when I was coming back into town at 2am.

Looks better for next weekend. Everyone please stay up at Oyster Creek.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Gave it a shot at sunset...nothing....windy....goin out again for a short trip around 10....RyanF I was prably on of the people you saw....black jacket,gray hat, and blck jeans

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
AV/SH area.........
915-11pm....Very wi dy out of SE.....
Found a bridge where wind would be at my back...
A big azz skunk came and sprayed me in the face.......

·
Registered
446 Posts
Beach Pounder said:
..had the same thing happen to me on saturday...would have been the first decent sized striper ive ever caught too :mad:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Fished barnegat area fri-monday with my buddy. We had 10 bass betw. us and 1 winter flounder. Biggest was 27 inches. Flounder was over 16 inches and fat! Saw many bass caught up to 15lbs while we were there. Heard of some up to 40 inches caught and weighed in. Not the weekend of bassin' i was expecting but it felt good to have one on the line. With this warm weather hopefully the bay warms up a bit. Very nice meeting you SIC WIT IT. We'll see you out there again!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
LilFisherman said:
Fished barnegat area fri-monday with my buddy. We had 10 bass betw. us and 1 winter flounder. Biggest was 27 inches. Flounder was over 16 inches and fat! Saw many bass caught up to 15lbs while we were there. Heard of some up to 40 inches caught and weighed in. Not the weekend of bassin' i was expecting but it felt good to have one on the line. With this warm weather hopefully the bay warms up a bit. Very nice meeting you SIC WIT IT. We'll see you out there again!
Nice report! Were you using bait? People that I've talked to who have been catching were using mackerel and frozen herring.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
All on artificial. Saw quite a few caught on bloodworms though! Did not see anyone using mackeral or Herring where I was.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
LilFisherman said:
All on artificial. Saw quite a few caught on bloodworms though! Did not see anyone using mackeral or Herring where I was.
Cool! Nice to see they are hitting artificials already! Herring and Mack were used down in AC/absecon.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.