BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out early to catch the outgoing on a beautiful, calm Sunday morning. Grabbed some eels and some jigs then hit a few sod banks. Two lines in the water for almost 5 hrs and NOTHING. Not a single taker. This was exceptionally frustrating when the fishfinder WAS LIT UP at times. I had to make sure the sonar wasn't in demo mode because how can so many fish not even peck at the baits??? Wasn't sure why the fish weren't biting...if they were too small to attack our baits, not hungry, or maybe not even stripers or blues??? No idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
We threw eels at the TI Inlet sandbars for a few drifts

Hit a couple spots on way back to dock Nothing

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
It’s unusual for sure. I guess I picked the right year to be boatless. Hopefully next year we see better fishing. Yes K8 I will be ready and in the water early next year.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
When they are on the feed they will eat. While trolling last year we had spots with good marks and no takers, I've had days like that on the Delaware bay when the striper fishing was prime. Just keep trying.

·
Registered
76,227 Posts
Went out early to catch the outgoing on a beautiful, calm Sunday morning. Grabbed some eels and some jigs then hit a few sod banks. Two lines in the water for almost 5 hrs and NOTHING. Not a single taker. This was exceptionally frustrating when the fishfinder WAS LIT UP at times. I had to make sure the sonar wasn't in demo mode because how can so many fish not even peck at the baits??? Wasn't sure why the fish weren't biting...if they were too small to attack our baits, not hungry, or maybe not even stripers or blues??? No idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made that mistake with my first unit. :eek:

Reactions: familyguy6007
1 - 7 of 7 Posts