BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never done much fishing in the back bays,but wanted to get out a little more this spring.I usually fish the sod banks in Brig.What methods (bait,lures,tides ect.) should I use ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fin-S, Zooms, small paddletails with a slow retrieve. Bucktails with a twister tail, same slow retrieve. Small plugs with a slow retrieve. Did I mention slow retrieve? Sometimes I go weightless on the plastics and just swing them and other times I am bouncing bottom. It depends on the time of year, time of day, ect.

Retrieve all the way up the bank because most bass are hanging right up on the sods. I see a lot of people cast as far as they can and then crank her in when they get 10 yards from the sod, you are gonna miss a shot at alot of fish doing this.

Take a walk down your sodbank at low tide and look for broken sedge, points, ect and remember where they are.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
jumpingjoe said:
What methods (bait,lures,tides ect.) should I use ?
out going tide at night with a 4" black purple bomber
fish it steady and slow
concentrate along banks and cuts in those banks and any tidal creek flowing or draining into the main body of water
also keep you ears open for surface activity and toss your plug in that direction

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
underdogg said:
out going tide at night with a 4" black purple bomber
fish it steady and slow
concentrate along banks and cuts in those banks and any tidal creek flowing or draining into the main body of water
also keep you ears open for surface activity and toss your plug in that direction
the best fishing in the back. I can get better numbers using different methods, but they dont compare to the enjoyment of having a plug drawn at a snails pace get nailed two feet infront of you.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
great advice by all....but be sure to fish late afternoon and night out going tide...this will be the warmest water of the day...
When the water hits 55 or so, fish morning, afternoon and night....
60 degrees will be topwater time....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts