BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out in the back today for our first clam belly trip ;D. The water was 45.6 and clean. Had high hopes. came up with a big zip, zero, nada
. It was warm with no wind at home and windy and cold on the water :-/. We fished the first 3 hours of the incoming. I guess we'll wait a few days and try again.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Aimless, i was out today also, with the same results as you, i fished the last 3 hours of the outgoing, and the first 2 of the incoming, the water temp when i started at 8:45am was 43degrees, at dead low it was 47degrees, when i left 2 hours into the incoming, it was back to 43degrees, that is a large fluctuation in temps, those fish are there i had a 25incher last week, and lost another, all we need is some consistent temps and we will have a good bite!

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by IGGY2:
Aimless, i was out today also, with the same results as you, i fished the last 3 hours of the outgoing, and the first 2 of the incoming, the water temp when i started at 8:45am was 43degrees, at dead low it was 47degrees, when i left 2 hours into the incoming, it was back to 43degrees, that is a large fluctuation in temps, those fish are there i had a 25incher last week, and lost another, all we need is some consistent temps and we will have a good bite!
Right on...with temp jumping around like that...it would be like us jumping from a hot shower to a cold one...if that makes sense! I fished the rips today...the temp was 40.8...and I marked fish...but just need a consistent temp!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Might try a clamming trip this coming weekend. Thanks for the update aimless and good luck your next time out.

RyanF

·
Registered
426 Posts
I fished today also from 9:30 TO 4:00 and zipped.Temps like you guys had, but I was little encouraged with scope in some spots. The bottom was lively, and there was some mid water bait, possibly herring.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Sounds, like you guys are getting close. Seems like outgoing would be best, but sometimes you got to fish when you have the time to fish. Atleast you are out trying and that is more fun than sitting here typing anyday. Hope you guys get them soon. Looking forward reading fishy posts.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Way to get out there and try guys. A+ for effort. I'm still wishing for fishing. You'll get em soon enough.

Skip- you got about 1 1/2 weeks to get them fish to cooperate. In the meantime, I'll take care of the southern region(FLA) and report back.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Can't catch if you don't try. Thanks for the report. Gonna give Reed's beach area a try Thur. and/or Fri.Itcing to try out the new rod&reel if nothing else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.