BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in the back today with Normv and a non barner. We anchored at low tide, the tide started in and it was wind against the tide. After a while I got the brainstorm to put out the sea anchor. Well, that pulled the boat straight with the tide as if there were no wind. A beautiful thing. We had a bunch of Fred's Magnificent Clam Bellies and started chumming. We had the first bass in about 5 minutes. After that it was about a bass every 10 minutes or so til we had caught 20, of which we kept 4. We also had 3 sharks. The biggest fish was 32 1/2" and the smallest was around 24". Norm was high hook on keepers with 3 of the 4. Besides clam bellies the fish had what looked like silver perch in their bellies but we couldn't be sure. I took a pic of them but didn't realize the camera was on a wrong setting, so no pics.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
good day Aimless. That wind was tough. I stopped by Nob's in the late morning to check on my brother's boat after finally launching mine. Didn't see much boat activity behind SH or Avalon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
AIMLESS, one of my dockers got 8 at the "hole" on Monday and he never used any chum just cut frozen clams. There must be all kinds of bass at that spot. I'll bet the jet skis will mess things up this weekend. You know they will be gone by the time Scott gets here on Wedsday!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think they will leave. We keep feeding them every day and now they are trained to come there at the right tide. There were too many boats there today.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Originally posted by aimless:
Norm was high hook on keepers with 3 of the 4. Besides clam bellies the fish had what looked like silver perch in their bellies but we couldn't be sure.
I now only tie a high hook about 3 feet from the weight, since I stopped using the low hook, I catch alot less skates and sharks. "I'm a one hook kinda guy now",

The shad are around right now, maybe thats what it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.