BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning on the high tide I landed thirty three spots on two pulls of my drop net baited with bunker.

Last Friday evening I fished with live spots on the bottom anchored up. Just as the tide began to slow down Two weakies about seven pounds each nailed both of my lines. Released both.

The next month and a half should see some big fish on big baits in the back. Try the spots and see how much fun they are.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Fred!

That sounds like a great tip to try out in the coming weeks. I always look forward to your posts.

Capt. Ed
RFA, JCAA

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I hate to say it but it looks like they are starting to show in the big pond too . Better #'s and size . Give us something to do for the next 4 to 5 weeks till stripers .

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Good to here the weekend looks like a blow out...Friday would be the day and I have to work..

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
I WAS crabbing last thursday off the parkway some dead end street off rt 9 where i could see the ferris wheel. tons of bait fish everywhere.
even caught some in the crab traps. didnt have a bite in seven hours of crabbing.lots of crabs but we live lined the bait fish all day to no avail.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey MGVILLE. I still owe you one. As soon as the back bay lights up we will make it a day.

Hey aimless. Soon, real soon.

Bedbug. Standard drop net. I have a crab bait clip tied to the top of the frame for holding the bunker. Keeps the crabs reaching up at the bait instead of tearing at the net. Today with only four pulls of the net I had over thirty spots.

eds and Phil. See you guys out there and thanks.

BIGGESTJACK. Keep you and your 347 foot tapeworm away from our food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts