BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back last night late. The fishing was simply FANTASTIC up there! We caught Stripers everyday except Mon & Tue due to weather. You could see the Stripers in forty feet of water taking your bait! We used eels & porgy's and bucktails. The best part was if you got tired of casting the bucktails you could just drop down & catch Fluke or Seabass. I have to thank Patti & Jerry from Stripercam for the REEL STRIPS they were the ticket for catching all the fish on bucktails! We caught Fluke to 9 lbs & Seabass to 7 lbs. The big cow Stripers were there the whole time we were, we only caught 1 fish that was 19" all the rest were 20 lbs or over! With 5 fish that were 40 lbs or bigger! The 2 biggest fish were 42 & 43 lbs. One was caught with bucktail & the other was caught with a live porgy. I'll have pics on here as soon as I get them developed today.

Brian,
I tried calling you from the water but the service isn't that great up there. Hope you did well up there too!

This ones for Hip

We did release most of the fish & only kept the smaller ones to bring back.

[ 06-21-2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Striperman- awesome pics. Looks like you had a nice trip. What are Reel Strips? Type of cut bait, I'm assuming. Ipp

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
and a sweet toggie

Dearest Tom,
Are you in need of a trip to the eye doc.
Wipe your eyes and try again ;)

lol

Paul ,

Looks like ya had a hell of a trip, seeing bass in 40 ' thats my kinda of water.

[ 06-22-2004, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: In Depth ]

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Originally posted by In Depth:
and a sweet toggie

Dearest Tom,

lol

Paul ,

Looks like ya had a hell of a trip, seeing bass in 40 ' thats my kinda of water.
In where the hell is the toggie?? :D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!

If you never been up there, you have to try it at least once. It's a little pricey to get the boat across the ferry but well worth it. The total length of our rig was 48' and it cost a little over $300 round trip. The harbor in Menemsha was $2.25 a foot a day to keep the boat in the water.

Ernie,
We trailered a 23' Parker up there. But if you go up try the town of Menemsha, they have several charter boats there. Check out www.larrystackle.com they'll have any info your looking for. Email or call them & ask for Steve

Ipp,
Reel Strips are scented squid strips like Pro-Cut but much better quality. Check out our advertisers, Patti from Stripercam.com is making & selling them.

Tom,
It's a Seabass ;) ;) That one was 5.5 lbs

[ 06-22-2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Originally posted by In Depth:
and a sweet toggie
Dearest Tom,

(Note to self: No "Mr. Nice" posts before 2nd cup of coffee, only sarcasm. :D :D )

Nice seabass, Paul.

Craig, I have been bombarded by Stain all morning, so I need another cup of joe.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Awesome trip and great pics! Way to go!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
LMAO

Stain , where's the toggie you ask? mabey he's playing hide the toggie. Hehehehehehe !

[ 06-22-2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: In Depth ]

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Nice Job Paul! - we didnt have a boat and all of our spots from last year where dead. :(

Finally found some fish of size off of Race Point 2 nights in a row that hit needlfish plugs - didnt touch the teaser. All in all a great week.

For CHUMSTAIN :D - Hey Paul - Only 5 weeks till we (hopefully) get out with TIMMAY!!!!!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brian,
Looking forward to the Tuna trip on the 29th! Talked to Timmy last night & the Tuna are starting to bite now.

You should have drop by the Vineyard. We had plenty of room aboard the boat and in the house, we could have taken at least 2 more guys out for a day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts