BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my two girls and I picked up some of those snotty clam bellies from the nobones bait shop on saturday {fred my girls loved the fish tank },I was a little worried that all they had was frozen .
but tonight 10/26 my worries were put to rest ...
Jim McClure and my self left breezee lee at 6:30 pm,by 7:00 Jim had our first keeper 26" by 10:00 we had 7 more fish 4 in the low twenties and 3 in the slot fish range{28to34} the largest was 33".all of them are fat as can be .Jim had the four biggest and the 33 is his personal best to date. {CONGRATULATIONS JIM have you stopped shaking yet lol}.we were on the bank 15' of water water temp 59 degrees. fished the top of the tide and first couple hours of the outgoing .... i'll try to post some pics tomorrow . :D

[ 10-27-2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: ED.H ]

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Ed.H,
Good job on catching !!

Not sure if you are aware but a slot fish is not a fish in the 24-34 inch range. A slot fish is in the 24-28 range ( you can keep 1 of these) then your next fish has to be 34 inches or better to keep. Check at the regs listed on the Bassbarn homepage. I'm not saying you did , but, if you kept that 33 incher you violated the regs, unless you had a bonus card.

New Jersey Striped Bass Daily Catch Limits
1 Fish At least 24 inches or greater to less than 28 inches
1 Fish 34 inches or greater
1 Fish 28 inches or greater with Striped Bass Bonus Program Card

Scarface

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
24" TO less than 28" is the "slot" that you can keep.

28" to less than 34" is the "slot" that must be released.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops wrong terms sorry .... we knew it was 1 fish 24 to 28 and
1 fish over 34
our mistake was the bonus. we thought that had to be over 28 but under 34 .but since we didn't have a tag they had to go back anyway.. so know we know for next time ......not that it matters since the bastards did away with the tag program.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts