BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
In the Absecon Brigantine area that combo will get you into more places and let you do some slow trolling in holes the big boats can't even reach much less fish.

If the weather is too bad to fish with that boat it won't be comfortable in any boat.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
i have a 14 foot v-bottom with a 28 that does fine with 3 people on it. backbays typically don't get to rough. just need to watch sometimes for the bigger boats that like to speed through the backbays and drive past you at 10 yards. Its the greatest when you are in ludlum bay and speed right through the fleet

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
you'll be fine, just make sure you turn into (front first) the wake a sportfisherman

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Heck Yeah...Look at all those little rental boats out there!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I miss taking my sneak box (12') out in the back bay fishing in the summer. You can get to all kinds of great spots, you can find places to get out and wade(when it's warmer), and you don't need to worry about company where you will go.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had a 28 on a 14 footer until it died. Now I have a 9.9 that I will bw using until I find a newer 25. I am always in the back bays of SIC and TI area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
definitly there made for the back bays...the worst water you will take is from jerks in big boats that slow down and throw highe wakes, but you will be ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.