BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.

Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

Well I don't know if the Fluke are Leaving The BackBays or are Out already in deeper water but I got a great report from my friend over the weekend drifting the Great Egg Harbor Inlet Area.Fishing off his 25' Grady he picked up (8) keeper summer flounder/fluke with a couple of nice 3lber's in that mix.Also a few upper teen size weakfish..Jigging what else - GULP Shrimp on the bottom....

Everyone Have A Great And It Seems A HOT !!! Fishing Week...
Try To Stay COOL !!!

Thanks.,,,

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Acouple of lookers on the popper, but no takers.... Bass didn't want any pb's on the hook, but they seemed to like the one's with the trimmed up tails.:rolleyes: Solid entertainment!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Fished Townsend's Inlet Tuesday morning. Between the two of us, we caught 12 shorts. Most were around 16" and caught last 2 hours of incoming tide. Water temp was 66 right at the bridge. Was hot but not uncomfortable due to the nice breeze. The greenheads were a problem! They were absolutely terrible. Other than that, nice day on the water especially looking at all the sights riding by!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
fished yesterday and sweated my @$$ off, three keepers to 20" and 9 throwbacks. Fishing has improved with the cooler water in the back. Most on the Gulp penny shrimp and a few were on minnows

·
Registered
690 Posts
Fished Oyster Creek channel last night for about an hour and a half. 3 throwback fluke, a handful of small blues and another baby black drum.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Can't report what I caught, but can repot what I missed. Couple of bass on a popper. Missed a nice weakie on a peanut, then some snappers move in. At the end I got a rat on a zoom.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
locale: avalon back bays
wind: light with the tide
tide: bottom of the outgoing
time: 5:30 am - 8:00am (bite got hot around 7:00)
water: 83 degrees and dirty
hot bait: molting 3" gulp shrimp
catch: 3 keeper flaties to 18", one very large ray, a couple throw backs

had to do multiple drifts to find the right spot. flounders were hungry this morning.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yesterday the fish were biting on anything. ( minnows, gulp(new penny, natural, and glow shrimp), pro cut. Fished Flat Creek with two friends from 1000 - 1230 hrs.. Four keeper flounder and a lot of throwbacks. First flounder was my personnel best six pounds 27". Thought at first it was a skate. Pop rig, hit the top and the minnow left the gulp alone. One guy was using big eye jig with gulp penny shrimp and was catching small weaks and sea robins. Other guy was catching them on minnows and pro cut. Around 1330 hrs. - 1630 hrs moved to back water before Townsend inlet, and picked up another three keepers and around 4 throwbacks. Even caught one keeper on a chunk of mackerel. Fish were biting and so were the green heads. Thank you for your posts and all of the info.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Went out last night behind OC. The bass were hitting good, boated 7 bass up to 29" released all but one. Also got a weak 18". Alot of spearing showing up at the bridges. Fished till ebb tide.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Got out this morning in the back looking for some takers on poppers. Lots of bait, 3 bass and 3 misses first hour of the outgoing.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Seemed like there were some little weakies around for acouple of days, but last night they seemed to have moved on.... With some rats mixed in... Bass on a pink zoom , weakies on a black zoom. Slack tide.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Fished afternoon at end of incoming in Barnegat Inlet area and caught 4 nice keepers from 20-24 inches. Caught a bunch of shorts and a whole lot of seabobs. Used berkley gulp shrimp, white.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Did some flluking in SJ early this AM.....a handful of shorts and 1 keeper....ocean was pretty flat, so we took a buzz out front for a while----many pods of juvenile bunker all over the place, with nothing but small blues slashing through em....we did live line a couple bunker, hoping for a brownie or stray bass, but no takers...beautiful morning----saw 5 brown pelicans gliding around- always a ccol sight......Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
still a lot of fish in the back

Had 5 keepers to 19.5 in and about 10 TB yesterday behind Margate/Longport. Also 2 short-jaw lizard fish. haven't seen them in a while. Fish were on minnows or pink "swimming minnow" gulp. My uncle said that no self-respecting fish would take that pink gulp. Guess we need some fish psychologists! All fish were near PM high tide - 2 hours before & 1 after - and not a hit at any other time. Seems they just turned on and off, just like last week. But when they we on, it was fish every drift. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Fished behind Avalon on Sat. 8/5 with my 2 sons and 2 grandsons on 1 More Drift. We got numerous throwbacks and 1 keeper, around 17". The black flies were murder so we tried Townsends Inlet. Nada. We went to the Sea Isle Lump hoping to lose the flies and get some fish. We got about 5 or 6 shorties a sand shark and a sea robin. Also a nasty looking star gazer that weighed about 8 lbs. The black flies were worse in the ocean than in the bay. We tried "Off" and another repellent but it did no good in repelling the flies. We cut the day short and went back in to dock at 12:30 pm. We were on the water at 7:00 am.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Yesterday AM dead low just inside Longport rock pile 30 croakers 1-3 Lbs. 1 18" flounder.

This AM outgoing behind Margate 11 keeper flounder up to 3 Lbs, missed about a 4 pounder at the net:mad: 3 hours of fishing

Too many shorts to count and one BIG cownose ray that I landed on Power Pro just to get my jig back:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
hey guys ... fished where oyster creek and double creek come together... was there about 630am... picked up some fish quick... by 8 am there were 100 boats there... well we stayed inside today and fought the boat traffic and ended up with 6 in the box all 18", 20 or so throwbacks... couple blues mixed in and a brought up my first puffer of the year...heheh very very slow drift to start in the morning, but we worked it to pick up the fish. boat in the dock, cleaned, fish fillet, home and showered by noon... good overall day, from what i hear im glad i dont go outside today....:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
We did ok for mid-summer .Me & my brother & our son's went to capemay today 1st. 2 hour's of daylite we caught alot of spike's & 3 flounder on gulps One was 17" Then we hit the next jettie & I nailed a 22" flounder on gulp.I also caught 2 croaker's on my gulp jig.Alot of other guy's catching croakers non - stop on bait.My bro landed a 17"weakie& a croaker on a jig & kid's some guppie's on bait.Over all took home 2 flatties,3 croakers,1trout,1 kingfish Not a bad day of fishing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes it was a good day!! And they tasted good too!! Thats why I went back Fri. and caught two more!! I'm ready to go again! The bay is hoppin'!! Finally!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts