BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone fished the back this morning? Taking the yak out tomorrow morning and the tide should be similar to today. Were the sods flooded this morning and did the water rush out exceptionally hard? Don't know whether to eat an extra bowl of weaties or not. Any reports would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
CaptKirk
I dont know about this morning but I yakked the ICW late Sunday Night. Fished from the high tide at 9p till about 1:30a. Extremely high flood tide where I was at with alot of debrie (reeds) in the water. Water clarity looked pretty good but got my first skunk this fall. Strange thing was with the flood tide I thought the water would have been moving too. But if anything last night it seemed to be going out at a slower rate than normal. But then again darkness sometimes plays tricks with your eyes. Let me know how you do on the early morning trip. I was thinking of maybe taking a shot early Wednesday morning. Good luck. By the way My past few night yak assaults produced on both Black Bombers and Mega Bait Google Eyes on a 1/8 head.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Tried the back around 3pm yesterday. Water was ripping and leafy weed was constant. Was anchored up chunking clam but couldn't get away from the weeds

Around 4pm there was some action right next to me along the sod. started flipping a small bucktail and had a riot with small stripers up to 18 inches. These little guys were stuffed with shiners. At one point I was seven for seven and finished with twenty +. Light rod with an eighth ounce white bucktail.

The action didn't start until the tide went almost slack. When I left they were everywhere from sod to sod. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jettiejock,
I missed the early morning thing today so went looking for action out front, no sign of life. Put the kayak in around 9:30 a.m. and decided to ride the rest of the incomming to scout out new areas. Marked fish in several areas but the weed was nasty and that tide kept comming and comming. I really covered some territory. Wound up back were I wanted to be in the 1st place around 3:00p.m. had a couple of bumps and got 1 bass 32" on fin-s. If you go in the a.m. you may have cleaner water, just be careful which way you go,that tide is going to cook.

Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info Captkirk
Looks like I am gonna hold off until Thursday.
Might try the front like you did if the surf looks doable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts