BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried a piece of bacon for flounder before? I was cooking the thick stuff the other morning and had a vision.

[ 04-23-2006, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Joe D. ]

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Joe D.:
Anyone ever tried a piece of bacon for flounder before? I was cooking the thick stuff the other morning and had a vision.
WHEN THE VISION ISABOUT TO GET VERY GOOD,YOU'LL WAKE UP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ahh yes Joe ! People always laugh at me when I pull out a pack of cheap bacon until the flounder are flippin on the deck. Works well. Major thing is to remember to wash your hands off real well before grabbin' your sandwich. Good way of gettin' sick.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Joe D.:
[qb]
WHEN THE VISION ISABOUT TO GET VERY GOOD,YOU'LL WAKE UP.[/QUOTE]

That always seems to amaze me :(

[ 04-24-2006, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Joe D. ]

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
yes

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is that flounder or fluke you're referring to with the bacon? I never heard of the winter flatties being interested in pork.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
This thread should be deleted!!

Now everyone is going to know!! :D :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I read this and hear this every year but have not tried it. Maybe I should but it just seems so damn weird to me. What the hell, I am gonna give it one shot this spring and see if it ends up in the bait cooler for the next trip.

RyanF

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Ive caught sea bass on orange peels. So Ill beleive anything. I tried hanging used tampons all around my treestands during the rut when that was written up in a famous bowhunters book.
Barrell

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by barrell:
I tried hanging used tampons all around my treestands during the rut when that was written up in a famous bowhunters book.
Barrell
I've heard that about bear hunting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If there around and hungry they will eat anything. I caught a striped bass on a choclate chip cookie bar balled on my hook. NO BS

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bacon, tampons, orange peels, fake shrimp. And here I always go out of my way to get good killies and marinated squid for the spring opener. What if you let the bacon get a little old without opening it? Think the smell will be even better? (oooh that smell, can't ya smell that smell?)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
A few yrs. ago I stopped at the Acme and bought a pack of cheap bacon and a six pack prior to a day of fluking. Cashier said "that's one hell of a breakfast you got there" :D

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Barrell WELL-----What happened.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts