BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I charter on Bob Calhouns Sandy Pearl every year....he is a love or hate Captain but we love him. Anyway I called him in Florida last month to set our trip and he said he would call me when he got back to NJ. Well we spoke sunday and said he would call me Monday to nail down a date. Well Monday he called and bad news for the Pearl. He went on the boat in drydock and the block was cracked! Now that sucks! He is trying to get it fixed in time for the drum but doubts he will be ready. He said he will pass me on to another Captain. I bummed about this. If this falls through I need a boat. If anyone wants to recomend a boat I'm all ears. We usual bring 6 people and like a boat with room and a cabin for the girls.

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
443 Posts
Try the Hooked Up II in Cape May if you want a boat that can handle rough water, a comfy cabin for the ladies, a first class captain and a state of the art new boat. Wimpy and I do a drum trip with him every year and are never disappointed. Check out his web site. He often posts here on the Barn with great information. You can do an advanced Search under "Captain's John & Diana"

http://www.cavemansportfishing.com/

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
missingtwo said:
I charter on Bob Calhouns Sandy Pearl every year....he is a love or hate Captain but we love him. Anyway I called him in Florida last month to set our trip and he said he would call me when he got back to NJ. Well we spoke sunday and said he would call me Monday to nail down a date. Well Monday he called and bad news for the Pearl. He went on the boat in drydock and the block was cracked! Now that sucks! He is trying to get it fixed in time for the drum but doubts he will be ready. He said he will pass me on to another Captain. I bummed about this. If this falls through I need a boat. If anyone wants to recomend a boat I'm all ears. We usual bring 6 people and like a boat with room and a cabin for the girls.

Jersey Mike

Sorry about your trip, We have availability for drum season. Please check out our website or feel free to call with any questions. Good luck getting something together.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Sent a private message

All the fine boats listed will work fine for drum fishing if you charter on the correct dates. I will say that if you would like to fish on one of the finest charter boats on the East Coast then you might consider the Hooked Up II and I will admit it is overkill for Delaware Bay fishing on most days or nights but you never know in the spring and fall when the bay will be nasty. We never fish by the clock and we only do custom trips pretty much based on the tides and boat traffic when possible these days. Good luck either way on picking a boat and sorry to hear about the cancellation on the Sandy Pearl as that boat does catch drum.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Great news!!!

I'm stoked I just got a call from Capt. Bob Calhoun...the Pearl will be ready! Turned out to be a gasket and they are almost back together. I have fished with Capt. Bob since the days of the old beige bomber and I'm glad I can get another year with him. Thank you to all of the other Captains that posted or sent emails to me about openings...you guys all were great at trying to help me out! I kept some loyality and waited for him to get back to me an it paid off. Either way I'm headed out with him even if something happens to the Pearl...he said he would Captain Andy's boat if he had to.

Wooohoo we are gonna be drum fishing...and my better half will be there with here new boobs...knowing here they will be out. lol We just need some drum bigger than the boobs!

Thanks again

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts