BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to fish the sweetwater today for some pickeral, yellow perch, crappies,lmb. Drove from Mantua to Hammonton via 322, 47,54 and back home along 206. Put over 100mils searching for minnows:eek: . Its been ages since I fished the sweetwater in those counties. Bait shops that used to exist no longer do so:( . Please help my son and I out for our next outing.

Thanks
William H

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Get a minnow trap, find a creek, bait minnow trap, tie to the bank, leave it sit for a few hours, come back, retrieve trap, and fill bait live-well with freshly caught lively minnows. They are hard to find and expensive anymore. I've found catching your own is the most efficient. these days.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Live bait

Even Steven said:
Get a minnow trap, find a creek, bait minnow trap, tie to the bank, leave it sit for a few hours, come back, retrieve trap, and fill bait live-well with freshly caught lively minnows. They are hard to find and expensive anymore. I've found catching your own is the most efficient. these days.
The only one that I know of that's been consistant throughout the years is Capt. Lou's. He is on Rt. 655 (Fries Mill Rd) in the Turnersville - Williamstown area. I sure he's listed. He pretty much has them all year.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even Steven said:
Steve, thanks for the info... I hope that the creek near me holds minnies... i live along a creek thats dark as coffee (Cedar Water).

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
BP

I got what ya need.Shoot me an E-Mail,HRL:)

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Big Timber Creek Bait and Tackle in Brooklawn. It is just off the Brooklawn circle on Creek Rd. It is 100 yds from Hargrove Marina.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Depending on how far you're traveling on 206 s. from your area the only 1 I know of is Big Joe's gas and stop.Not exactly a bait and tackle shop but they do have minnows about 6 months outta the year.Can't miss it with the huge gorrilla on the roof.You have Indian Mills lake,Atsion Lake,and some good old cranberry bogs all within 10 minutes drive of the place.I recommend calling there ahead as they may not have em in.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hawg-catcher said:
Depending on how far you're traveling on 206 s. from your area the only 1 I know of is Big Joe's gas and stop.Not exactly a bait and tackle shop but they do have minnows about 6 months outta the year.Can't miss it with the huge gorrilla on the roof.You have Indian Mills lake,Atsion Lake,and some good old cranberry bogs all within 10 minutes drive of the place.I recommend calling there ahead as they may not have em in.
Thanks I never knew that they sold bait at that place. Drove right past it on my way home. I'll keep all the other places in mind if I end up fishing those areas. I did end up getting minnows today from Mikes in Pemberton, his place is right around the corner from me. He's expensive as hell:(. $4.00 a doz Im going to get a trap this weekend and catch my own when I fish graveling point. Getting tank ready for them right now. Thanks to for their replys:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts