BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD SPOT TO CATCH SOME GRASS SHRIMP AND OTHER BAIT FISH TO FILL MY FREEZER FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON. I FISH THE SOMERS POINT AREA BUT I WILL TRAVEL ELSEWHERE IF THE BAITFISH ARE HEAVIER IN OTHER SPOTS. WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SPOTS AND TECHNIQUES?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
where are you catching your bait fish now or have been in the past ?

i've used anything from a 50 ft 1/4 "seine net to 2 ft dip net.

mostly at low water near pipes under highways or ditches that have sluice gates & rock piles or grass beds. good luck finding grass bed this time off years

if you could give me mile makers & highways or creek names would be a help,shrip are 1.35 per lb and minnows are 25 a gallon at this time

freedom ots,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Great Advise Freedom, Thanks,,,
Locally around that area I fine plenty of
Bait down at Corson's Inlet State Park (CISP)..
Under the Bridge,along the SodBank and GrassBeds.
Cast Net or Minnow Trap is what I use.....

Good Luck,,,

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I just got back from getting shrimp!!!Didn't get that many , maybe 1/2cup,Just enough to see if there is any perch around....Tried corsons and a couple other pipes,Not too good!!!!Do any of you guys know if anyone is selling bloodworms yet? ;)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by fshlot:
Do any of you guys know if anyone is selling bloodworms yet? ;)
Not Sure About The Local Guys in Your
Area,But FishermensHeadquarters is Recieving
BLOODS Today.I'm Sure Most Shops Are Trying
to Get Them In This Weekend....

Also,Thanks For The Report Fshlot....

[ 02-27-2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks Dave,,,,

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by fshlot:
I just got back from getting shrimp!!!Didn't get that many , maybe 1/2cup,Just enough to see if there is any perch around....Tried corsons and a couple other pipes,Not too good!!!!Do any of you guys know if anyone is selling bloodworms yet? ;)
I THINK THE GUY IN MAYS LANDING WAS ON FRI. EVENING?

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Frank:
Sorry for the dumb question but when you catch your grass shrimp, do you have a tank for them, leave them in a trap at the dock, or freeze them?
Thanks,
Frank
FRED CAUGHT SOME AT THE DOCK ON SAT.AND PUT THEM IN A BAG WITH WATER AND FROZE THEM.

[ 03-01-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
While I was doing that BIGGESTJACK put a bib on and waited for the All You Can Eat Grass Shrimp Fry.

Sorry BIGGEST. Next week we can have a leftover freezer special. Herring, squid, mullet and clam dinner. Bring your own blender and straw. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts