BASS BARN banner

Bananas Are Bad Luck!

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  bgreene 
#1 ·
Bananas Are Bad Luck! I had a very nice group of guys out today, but the fishing started out purely horrible, no bites! After a morning of changing spots repeatedly I am talking to the anglers about mid-day and I find out that not one, but two, have brought bananas with them! Well Dave gulps his down, but Chris just doesn't know what to do with his. I suggest that he throw his overboard, and point in a certain direction which just happened to be towards Andrea's Toy (nothing personal, we just had to get rid of that bad juju!) Well Chris winds up, lets fly with the banana which arcs up and away, nowhere near Andrea's Toy, at the same time his cell phone flies out of his pocket and over the transome into the drink. See, like I always tell you guys, bananas are bad luck!!!
After he did the banana/cell phone-ectomy, we did catch some flounders. You just can't mess with Karma

See less See more
#7 ·
No eating them! They still come aboard. And if the guy uses the head, they stay aboard for a while.

Yes, I'm superstitious.

Was invited on the Canyon Runner a few years back on a business charter. After a few hours of trolling without a bite, I asked the host if he brought any bananas. "Oh yeah, lots". I thought Phil was going to burst an aneurism. Pitched them overboard and ten minutes later we had four on.

#10 ·
Wilson has turned!

BIGGESTJACK said:
IS THAT WERE WILSON WENT???
:eek: I hate to say it but I think Wilson has turned to the "NANA side":eek:

:rolleyes: All I can say for sure is we were planning a surprise for picker, We got to hitting the clear hard! I woke the next day to find No Wilson and a trail of banana peels leading to the bus stop!:confused:

#12 ·
Banana boat - old sailing ships with bananas rotting in the hole, softening the wood, rotting through, sinking in storms..........

Yeh, yeh, yeh...........a very, very old superstition, based on fact way back that ships sailing to and from S. America to Europe - carrying bananas through the stinking heat were some of the most retched boats to be on.

Get over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.