BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Port norris on Morning tide, N/E winds put a damper on conditions. It seemed like all the professional boats were in one area . After an entire tide we only had 5 keepers up to 20 inch. Decided to find some of the big croaker action to supplement catch. We hit the mother lode: Unlimited spike blue fish, big croaker( all over 13") & 2 big fluke (23' & 22") filling the cooler in no time. Final tally yielded 11 keeper flounder, 20 croaker & a mess of blues. The action was Del. Bays finest. My friend Frank G. & I left them biting around 5:00pm. Made a report to Long Reach Marina-Ms. Pat Harris gave us a pitch for the reviews. Great End to an Unpredictable Day!!! :D

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Glad you had a good day. Those fish must of been hungry yesterday.:D Just talked to Slammer out on the bay and it has been very slow so far today. One day you can catch them and the next day you can't do nothing with them.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Very nice!!

Wish i could say i had the same results!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Capt. B.

I always look forward to reading your report...you always have something of interest to say. Where is the elusive weakfish hiding this season? I've heard some reports that off the CM jetties quality fishing happening about 10 days ago. It seems like every species common to Del. Bay is plentiful except for Weaks, almost like its an unnatural phenomenon, Thanks for the comeback on my report. Good Fishing Capt.:) Capt. "E" (Eric)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
21 ft V-20 steplift does a great job on the bay, with fuel costs its really becoming a neccesity to scale down on a boat. I can't imagine what the fuel costs are on these larger boats, its taking the fun out of the sport. I blew $60.00 on fuel yesterday. Flounder fishing is expensive!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Seamaid said:
I always look forward to reading your report...you always have something of interest to say. Where is the elusive weakfish hiding this season? I've heard some reports that off the CM jetties quality fishing happening about 10 days ago. It seems like every species common to Del. Bay is plentiful except for Weaks, almost like its an unnatural phenomenon, Thanks for the comeback on my report. Good Fishing Capt.:) Capt. "E" (Eric)
All I can tell you about the weakfish is to be patient. Hopefully they will show up. Last year they showed up in Aug. If they show up I will be on them.;) The weakfish has some very serious problems. I won't be surprise if they have a closed season for weakfish next year.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Capt. B. it sure isn't what it used to be. I remember your reports from last season. EB

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Floorman, there's some good fishing out there. Thanks for the comeback...give me a hollar when your on ch. 78/10. I've got some nice fluke this year averaging big one's every trip but they have finally moved out of the deeper water. We've been averaging 2-3 up to 24" each trip, but this trip was a tough pick until we tried a Virgin area as in my report. I'm gonna try it again Wed, can't get no takers for Mon. looks like some great conditions coming up this week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts