BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early morning number of boats near BI buoy throwing lures and btails.
Saw good number of blues caught. I went to the outside at first but was on the wrong side of the drift. Repositioned and got 1 about 22-24.
More boats and then more. Some guys were trolling more started doing well.
I started trolling metals as well and scored again.

That was it seemed like they dispersed.
I tried over in the Oyster creek channel but nothing.
nice morning but seemed like w**d picked up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Barnegat Bay: Seeing the weekend forecast (same as the last few weekends since I put my boat in), I decided to take the day off and give it a shot. I didn't start until around 10:30 and apparently the bluefish had already shut down.

Didn't see anyone catching anything, and couldn't muster anything myself (tried clam, tried trolling, tried pink Zoom on white lead head). The day was saved using a one ounce white lead head with a 5" pink Zoom and fishing it like you would fish a diamond jig. Ended up with a couple blues and a 25" striper (from 1:30 to 2:15) and ended up missing 6 or 7 other strikes due to the tough conditions.

Tide was outgoing and the wind was with the tide. (location withheld unless given permission) The water temp went from 51 to 56 over a two hour period. No fish when it was 51, caught fish when I returned to this spot and found the water temp up to 56.

BTW, I went up to the inlet and the water temp (surface)was only 49.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Very Good Reports Guys,,,, Thanks,,,,

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go Gordon.

Nice

By that time I was already heading home.

Funny thing was 1 blue of mine hit a 1 oz bucktail with a piece of pink squid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts