BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does The Barn ever have its own fishing tournament? It would be fun and maybe a good way to raise money for a local charity. I'd definitely sign up for it. Maybe a tourny for mixed bag fish of the inshore variety. Something the guys with small boats and the beach and jetty guys could get in on.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Scott, to answer your question...NO, the BARN does not have it's own tournament. There's a reasons why we don't. First and foremost is due to the fact that we want our community to remain a "non competitive" environment.

This way we remain one big happy family

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Scott,
I agree it is a good idea. But, I don't think RR
will go for it.

·
Registered
32,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Point taken. Are there any local non-Barn tournies of interest? I thought there was a weakfish tourny last year but the weakfish must have forgotten the dates :D .

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
SCOTT--THERE ARE A LOT OF TOURNEYS THAT FIT YOUR BOAT,I CAN THINK OF ABOUT 5 OR 6 FLOUNDER AND PROBABLY MORE FOR STRIPERS.THERE IS ALWAYS INFO ON THESE FORUMS,IN PAPERSNIN THE ANGLER MAG,OR FISHERMAN.FIRST ONE I KNOW OF IS THE SAT. BEFORE MOTHERS DAY AT THE DOCK I'M AT.

·
Registered
32,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Biggestjack. I'll be on the look out for them. I heard of the Duke of Fluke. I'm not the biggest flounder fanatic (my favorite inshore fishing is for weakies) but I'd love to give it a try.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
Thanks, Biggestjack. I'll be on the look out for them. I heard of the Duke of Fluke. I'm not the biggest flounder fanatic (my favorite inshore fishing is for weakies) but I'd love to give it a try. [/QUOTE

SCOTT--I'M IN THE DUKE OF FLUKE EACH YEAR IS A LOT OF FUN.WITHIN THE DUKE TOURNEY IS A LITTLE TOURNEY FOR THE HEAVIEST WEAKIE AND BLUEFISH.THEY CAN EACH BE ADDED FOR VERY LITTLE ADDED ON.WE WON THE BLUEFISH 2 YEARS AGO ON THE STAIN.MOST YEARS THE WEAKIES AND BLUES THAT WIN ARE SMALL.

·
Registered
32,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey BiggestJack - I was looking at the Duke of Fluke rules on the internet. It says $200 to register and 1st prize is $750. Am I missing something? Not much of a return.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
Hey BiggestJack - I was looking at the Duke of Fluke rules on the internet. It says $200 to register and 1st prize is $750. Am I missing something? Not much of a return.
DRINK FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT AND THERE ARE CALCUTTAS YOU CAN ENTER FOR VARIOUS AMOUNTS.THE HAVE OVER 100 BOATS IF THERE IS GOOD WEATHER.YOU GET A CAPTAINS MEETING FRI. NIGHT WITH BEER AND SNACKS PLUS 4 TICKETS TO THE BASH.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am open for the duke of fluke if some barners want to get together for the tourney????

I will take 4 anglers $150.00 per guy, includes entry fee, all calcuttas, bait, ice and drinks and we will split the pot equally if we win, I mean when we WIN!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am not in any category as of yet.

I have not fished this tournament before,
But It sounded like they had a great turn out last year and fellow firends and capts. said they do a really nice job.
IF your intrested let me know.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Anyone know when the Duke of Fluke tourny is this year?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts