BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to drop my boat (19' bowrider) at the dealer in Brant Beach this Saturday, and would like to try an early AM fishing trip before making the drop. Anyone have info they would share on a ramp and general area to try? I'd be happy finding a few bluefish.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
There's a ramp right in the town of Barnegat on the mainland, or you can go to the Island and Barnegat Light has a ramp there. I'd try right in Double creek you should be able to find some small blues in there or just do some drifting for Fluke.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Logic186,
Right as you come over the last bridge onto LBI
make a quick right turn.You will see on the right
the Ship Bottom Municipal Ramp.Its on Shore Ave.between 9th & 12th Streets.Big Parking Lot
and a short run to some productive fishing...
And that puts you only minutes from Brant Beach
when you are done...

Good Luck,,

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Most of the blues im hearing about are outside. There's a few running around the inlet too. Im gona be heading out tomorrow to see if we can get some striprs/blues out of manasquan. Mite look for pods of herring/bunker. Ill report back.

Ryan

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the info. We will likely put in at that ramp by the 72 bridge and head north from there. LilFisherman, look forward to your report.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
hey logic186, depending on how early in the am you go- 0dark30 you could try going south into manahawkin bay. you can get some info on the area off some bait shops sites try scottsbt.com there has been some early am action plus some flounder in this area. good luck

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks CC19. I've been looking at a chart and there does seem to be better looking water (at least on paper) to the south.

·
Banned
449 Posts
The Bay is dead. No fish there.

Try Meyers Hole with some grass shrimp. Get there EARLY AM though. The weakies are there.
Bout 35 bucks worth of bait is needed.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Muskiehunter,

Not sure if I'm going to get that far North. How many quarts of shrimp does $35 buy? My plan is to focus on using the fly rod this trip, which will likely be less successful, but at least I'll be $35 ahead.

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
You should do well with the fly. I got loads of them on west side with small buctails and a worm. They're feeding heavy on spearing.

·
Registered
408 Posts
logic186, buy the shrimp and fish your flies in the slick. Once the weaks are in the slick good artificials work just as well as shrimp on the hook.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts