BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of the upcoming blow I decided to finally pull my sled. Since I was going to be down at the boat, and since the weather forecast for today looked great, I put together a last minute early morning tog trip. Andy W (TunaVet), John M (Highbar Johnny) and I left the dock a little before 7am. The ocean was like a lake. We did 30 to 32 knts the whole day. We caught our tog limit plus a nice bonus cod by late morning. A couple of the tog were probably in the 7 pound range.

On top of flat seas and cooperating fish, it was unseasonably warm and dry out there today.

What a day!!!!:thumbsup:

Peter

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Peter, I read this report at my desk and it brings a tear to my eye that work gets in the way of my fishing. But it could not have happened to a nicer guy way to get them at the end capt. We will get a few winter trips together this year as usual.:thumbsup: TJ

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anthony, I am hoping for no real layover this winter. The boat is sitting on the trialer ready to dunked back in. I just pressure washed her and put some stabil in her.

If it stays warm the Tog bite should continue and it if gets cold I will target my friend the Cod

TJ, get ready for some winter fishing.

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts