BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got there around 6am

trolled blue/white cedar, green machine, two large yozuri deep diving lures (blue white and white green)........all hit except white green yozuri

2 bonito and 2 blues

chummed/chunked........nothing except 1 big hit (missed it!) oh well

not many other boats out there, and as we could see, not much action

miss barnegat light was there but kept moving around.....could the previous lightning storms scatter the schools?

·
Registered
13,699 Posts
I was out the Monday and the action was slow too, I did see a very large mass on the Southern Ridge at around 35 Feet, it went on for about 50 feet or longer, not sure what it was but my fishfinder showed a 5 to 10 foot thick mass with some heavy red in it. I know it was not the bottom, that is at 60' on the ridge.

Maybe a large mass of bait fish.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe the previous storms did break up the schools.......i wont be able to get down again probably til sunday earliest, please let me know if you go again and conditions change.

thanks

·
Registered
13,699 Posts
This weekend is out for me, just too much has been piling up and neglected, need to get it done around the house.

·
Registered
703 Posts
hey ...

tight lipped... i tried hailing ya on the radio a couple weeks back when i was headed out to the ridge. im pretty sure you were headed out there the same day. i heard ya on the radio but i dont know if you had heard me calling ya. anyway.. sorry to hear you wont be out this weekend, ill give it a go, see what happens out there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bgat Ridge

Trolled the ridge Monday and caught only skippies. I also saw that bait, suspect it was small squid because the skippies were full of them.

Al

·
Registered
13,699 Posts
Capt Toad

Sorry, I don't think I heard ya, anyway I going to try to hit the Ridge This Sunday. When are you heading out?

·
Registered
703 Posts
tight lipped....

hey ill be headed out on sunday as well.... you can hail me as capt toad or sea toad... i mostly monitor 68 but jump to 71 at times... what are you gonna target out there sunday? ill be in touch... hope to see ya/ talk to ya...... what time are you headed out?? where do you pull out from?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Going Saturday

I plan on going tomorrow (Saturday) to Barnegat Ridge. Will post report tomorrow night if time permits.

Boat Name is KimberlyRyan. I'll monitor 68 and/or 65 on VHF. Hoping to find something on the troll. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
13,699 Posts
Toad

I am still not 100% sure but it is shaping up this way, I'll probably get down there around 7am not sure yet, since the bite has slowed I am not gonna rush it just going to have fun.

·
Registered
703 Posts
ok.......

im not sure what time ill be headed out either... could be 6 or 8, depending on my fuel situation. i gotta check tomorrow and ill go from there. ill check back again on and off tomorrow for any reports and stuff, ill know better how the day will unfold then. keep in touch.:)

·
Registered
13,699 Posts
Not Yet, hopefully they're are on their way. Anyway we cannot harvest schoolie until 8/25

So far it looks like it will be a nice day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts