BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
i recently bought a summer house down there, and i got out a few times last summer, i had no luck. i don't think there is any fish in that bay. this summer i'm gonna try goingg out the inlet and fishing out front. bought a chart there are a lot owrecks out there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tom,

We fish Barnegat on a regualr basis. We're out of Berkley Heights- @ 39 buouy. Plenty of good spots for bass, fluke and weakies!!! Think most barners fish CM area. Last year was our first summer/fall with a boat and we had some great days flukin. Think the boat was pulled out of the water before the fall season really heated up for bass. Bass have been slow so far but this weekend should be good. Find the creeks and river mouths south of # 39, or head across by the mouth of the inlet (north side). good luck and what are you in?? We have 21 ft. blue Striper.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great fishing in Barnegat Bay.Go on your browser and type in JAY MANN.You'll be able to see a daily report from great areas in the back bay and
out front.If you can't find the address e-mail me and I'll send it to you.He gives a great rundown on surf fishing also.Be careful in that inlet.Make some drifts and observe before you try to get out of the channel.Try to be there on a low tide so you can see hidden rocks,bars etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by lofty:
i don't think there is any fish in that bay.
Lots of fish in the bay lofty. Just have to get out there more. Many a day was saved fishing in the bay when it was too snotty to go out.

Be careful around the inlet. It can be a lot worse than it looks at times.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i guess i don't know the spots yet, i still fish the d-bay spring and fall. i read an article in salt water sportsman about striper fishing out of the manasquan inlet, it said in may and june stripers leave the ches.and hudson and feed on huge schools of bunker that school up there. i'm very interested in finding out more about that and where exactly to go . any info would be appreciated,or i'd like to get together with someone familiar with that area and head out fishing. i have a 21c.c. polar and i'm located in ocean gate all summer

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lofty,

We should hook up. At least by phone or email. Is Ocean Gate North of Toms River bridge? r u closer to Manasquan inlet or Barnegat??? We'll be out allll summer. Pros by no means, but know the areas south of TR bridge well in the bay. I'm in Lavallette and my buddy is across the bay in Berkely Heights, close to Tom's river. I prefer to go right outside of IBSP in search of bunker with my bunker snagger. When I'm, surf fishin, I've see huge schols of bunker usually through the middle of May through July- from PP to IBSP. Let's talk.

JJ

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tom,
I run out of Lanoka Harbor as well.. PLENTY of good fishing in the bay. A lot of slight structure changes that spell fish. Plus the inlet and the surrounding area as well. What kind of boat are you fishin'?

jjsax,
I agree, we need to create a bigger Banegat Bay BB contigent!more eyes and more lines equals better fishin'
email will work great to hook up

Darren Dorris

·
Registered
185 Posts
whiskers,

do want a picture of the 30 plus flounder caught (all over 16.5) by 3 of us last summer (we kept a small limit), or the twenty # striper last fall? we are rookies and are nailin 'em in barngeat. why so down on this bay???

·
Registered
140 Posts
jjsax,

ocean gate is right at the point of the toms river where it meets the bay . i think that is in the middle of the two inlets.very close to the seaside bridge.i'll be putting my boat at the ocean gate yacht basin in mid may.from that point on i'll be ready to fish up that way.my e-mail is [email protected]. drop me a line and when i get up there i'll give you a call and we'll get out,hopefully for some stripers out in front.i'm no pro either ,just like getting out.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by jjsax:
whiskers,

do want a picture of the 30 plus flounder caught (all over 16.5) by 3 of us last summer (we kept a small limit), or the twenty # striper last fall? we are rookies and are nailin 'em in barngeat. why so down on this bay???
Whiskers ain't down on the bay that's where he fishes! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah i've been to barnegat a few times ,it wasn't too bad. i haven't been to manasquan yet, but am definately gonna take a run up there. gotta try for some of the striped ones

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.