BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Joe....I tried calling the shop...forgot it's Monday...I hope you see this tonight...I fired up the 115 etec today to make sure everything was good....I had water to the engine...engine fired right up....

I noticed there is a TINY slit(supposed to be there) above the water intake on the lower unit...water was coming out of there...water was coming out like it should out the back of the engine...and out the tiny hole on the right side....but I'm not sure if I'm freaking out or did something freeze and break...I wanted to hit the back bays tomorrow but I just freaked out while running the engine...

Pardon my dumb definitions because I'm a putz when it comes to mechanical things...hense the reason why I bought a etec...

It looks like where the lower unit connects to the engine there are bolts underneath the little slit that I'm talking about is above the bolts....

Any help? Am I screwed or can I fish? Thanks...

Carl

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
It comes out of there. No problem.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High Wire said:
It comes out of there. No problem.
You're sure? From my horrendous explanation you know where I'm talking about?? Everything was running fine...but the water coming out of the sealed area's had me concerned...or what looked like bolted down areas...

Thanks for the come back I'm having a mild freak out session mainly on myself because I'm worried I didn't do something right...thanks again!!!

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
barnaclebillsmarine said:
Im guessing its comming out of the split line where the gearcase mounts. You will be just fine.

Ahh thanks....I think that's what I'm talking about at least...I wish I had a diagram to flash up here...but I think we are on the same page...

Sorry for my horrible explanation of the situation...

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get Some said:
Chef,just go catch some fish!!Don't worry if it blows up,you have another boat!!:D
yeah if I were loaded it would be cool:):):) I still owe 3 years on the etec:):)

Phish....I thought about the digital after dusk...went to lucky bones for dinner..and on the way there the light bulb went off in my head:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts