BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so last year I was fishing off a bridge throwing a 5" pink bass assassin shad, and got nada.

I switch to a pink zoom, and BAM cocktail blues and small weakfish on almost every cast. To me, they're almost identical, except for the tail. Why are super flukes so much more productive?

·
Registered
908 Posts
For me, nothing works better around the bridges
than a pink zoom. I think it's a combination
of the split-tail, body shape, and scent.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm a huge B/A proponent, but my unofficial research show that pink bubblegum Zoom outfishes pink B/A everytime. My absolute go-to bait when I think there's some Tiderunners around in bubblegum Superfluke.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I think its the zooms bigger belly. It's almost like it hovers along when you give it a little slack and then you twitch and its never the same motion twice. The bait zips one way than another and bam!!! fish on!!!!

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
I like the Zooms as well because of the body shape(tail).
I like the albino, white, and pink. I fish a spot behind WW where albino colors outfishes everything else 3 to 1.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
About 10 years ago Bass asassin used to make a 5 inch pink with black glitter, the weakies couldn't not hit it, they stopped making it in that color and came out with the pink ice, never did really good with the new color probably because of the disbelief that they discontinued the older color pink,i like the zooms because they don't sink as fast because of the groove on the bottom side, my new favirite color Bass Asassin is the crystal shad asassin 5 inch when spearing are around, and 7 inch when the herring are around, both bass and weakies love them.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
ZOOM
;)

[ 03-17-2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nightstrikes nice fish! But is the jig head in the zoom backwords I hook them so the the hook comes out the slit on the belly. But I like that better.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blowfishct, That is what I was thinking that it was hooked differently than what I thought was normal. But doing it Nights way will probably have better hookup ratios do to the fact that the hook is more exposed than the way we do it. But our way will be a bit more weedless. But who knows, HE DOES HAVE A FISH ON THE END!!!

Brian

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Originally posted by barnaby:
I fish a spot behind WW where albino colors outfishes everything else 3 to 1.
Uh-OH!!!! my secret is out...I love those albino flukes.....I think they look like a big spearing...in any event they DO outfish everything else, especially in the back...

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
ZOOM
;)
Nightstrikes,

I am looking at your photo and I don't notice a flourocarbon leader. Am I correct?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I never heard or seen of anyone hooking it opposite of Nightstrikes?? I think you would want the belly-profile on the bottom to seem more natural?

My favorite for weakies is a white bucktail/pink worm or black bucktail/black worm. Fished on a steady slow retrieve with an occasionaly lift of the rod tip

RyanF

1 - 20 of 39 Posts